Notary Rotary
This 50.00 Dollars SS wants all these fax back
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/14/05 10:11am
Msg #51981

__ Deed Of Trust/Mortgage (1st , Signature, and Acknowledgement Page)

__ Note/Line of Credit

__ Signature Affidavit(s) and AKA Statement(s)

__ Right to Cancel

__ Truth in Lending

__ Itemization of Amount Financed

__ All Riders (If applicable: PUD/ADJ, Rate/Condo or 1-4 Family Riders)

__ Other documents, if in document package:

__ Trust Certification (if applicable)

__ Any Other Deeds (e.g., Grant Deed)

__ Survey Affidavit

I was nerver told in the begining that I need all these to be faxed back, should I charge extra for this?

It may be like 25 or more pages.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/14/05 10:15am
Msg #51983

We all need to ask ...

... "Will there be any fax backs?" during the call in which we negotiate our fee. Once we get the docs it is too late to say "Fax backs are $dd.cc per page". Sorry!

As much as we all hate them, fax backs are a fact of notary signing agent life.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/14/05 11:46am
Msg #52060

Re: We all need to ask ...

>>> As much as we all hate them, fax backs are a fact of notary signing agent life. <<<

But it doesn't have to be! If this **profession**, made up of conscientious **professionals** did their job **professionally**, which means with great accuracy and attention to details, then signing services would not need everything in the package faxed back for QC. Also, it would raise the bar on what we can get paid, since the amount of $$$ is directly proportional to the quality of work.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/14/05 12:19pm
Msg #52079

I agree, but ...

... I just got off the phone with a nice lady from a signing service. It seems UPS has been delaying or losing packages. She wants fax backs so that the loan can fund on time. How can I argue with that?r

The delaying part about UPS I can personally confirm. The package for a signing yesterday was delayed due to weather. Lately I've had several cardboard packages that have one or more corners damaged. One had even broken open!

I hate it when packages go to the borrower! They don't know whether the package has arrived (and supposedly nobody has the tracking number!), or they open the package and mix the documents, or their child(ren) decided to draw pictures on the DOT, or ....

(pant, pant) Umm, ... I'm feeling much better now.

Reply by mes/IL on 7/14/05 10:22am
Msg #51987

I have begun to ask the SS also. Have had 2 in the last couple of weeks that wanted all of that faxed after the fact.Most don't,but it is part of the business and can be a real hassle,especially if they ask you to fax back and then wait for the ok to send the docs out!!How long do they expect you to wait for them to look over the faxed docs and the run out and get them in a Fedex or Ups box.I guess for some ss,that's the nature of the business!

Reply by Sharon Munday on 7/14/05 10:30am
Msg #51994

Yep... but NOT for 50 dollars. From this point forward I'm asking if there are fax backs then quoting my price to include the expense time and effort to fax 20 + pages back to any SS. $50... yikes.. leaves a bad taste in my mouth! Sorry... just had to vent a little.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/14/05 10:35am
Msg #51999

Sharon, I agree that doing these fax backs are labor intensive.

Not only that, but it shows that the agency is not using full-time (experienced) SAs. One who is more experienced cannot get this kind of faxing back done in a timely manner.

Call me slow poke, but it takes me an hour to make sure I have gotten that kind of a fax back done and it should cost the requiring agency another $25. It will also delay the return of the package by a day.

Reply by Anon on 7/14/05 10:41am
Msg #52008

For God's sake! Why are you accepting $50.00 signings at all?

Reply by Sharon Munday on 7/14/05 10:58am
Msg #52028

You are EXACTLY right!!!.. WHY are we accepting 50 dollar signings at all. I wish we would all unite and put this ball back in OUR park. As it is.. just because there are a lot of us out there... and actually since there are a lot of us out there... it seems to me, if we ALL refused ANY 50 dollar signing we'd atleast get the ball headed in the right direction! We have given the SS's full control... we've become nothing but their becken-call girls (men) which ever the case may be. Probably gonna get bombed for this one... but what the heck.. I'm feeling a little dangerous this morning... tee hee.... JMO

Reply by Do not want to post on 7/14/05 10:53am
Msg #52021

Fax the entire package to them regardless if they are asking for 3 or 30 pages. They cannot complain that you missed pages. If enough SA's out there did this faxe backs wouldn't be a requirement. If they complain explain that there would have been no way for you to pull out soo many documents and fax to them and reassemble the package correctly. Reverse the blame to them. Maybe they will start hiring and paying for an experienced SA instead of 2nd guessing them.

Reply by TN Notary on 7/14/05 10:55am
Msg #52024

That is a great idea.

Reply by OH Well on 7/14/05 11:05am
Msg #52034

Re: Lesson Learned Don't Accept $50.00

When you accept 50.00 signings don't complain about the work! One more reason not to accept them.....the less you get paid the more they ask for....it is just what happens! It does not help your attitude when you know you should have asked for more money!

Reply by Anonymous on 7/14/05 11:13am
Msg #52040

Welcome to Nations Direct

They will negotiate their fee. You just have to NEGOTIATE!!

Reply by Les/CO on 7/14/05 11:23am
Msg #52052

Why do you work for a $50 SS? If a Title Company calls you do you quote them $50? If not what is your fee? And why the difference? Have fun faxing.

Reply by droman/IL on 7/14/05 11:40am
Msg #52057

The SS pays $50 because plenty of notaries will work for it because they are desperate for work/$, totally ignoring the fact that they are hurting the signing agent industry by doing this. I received a last minute call for a closing this morning (less than 2 hours) and of course it was edocs. I quoted $125 - to ask for anything less is an insult. Less than 2 hours AND edocs?? The SS already had already forwarded the docs to me when all of a sudden, I get the call back that the 'TC' found their own notary. Yea, right, more like they found someone else to do it for less. Then those same notaries have the nerve to post complaints of low pay and lots of fax backs... You accepted the assignment at that price, your stuck with it. Next time, charge a higher fee.

Reply by LaurieCPA on 7/14/05 1:05pm
Msg #52107

I'm guessing that the co. is ....LoanClosers.com. (?) Their pkgs. took longer to fax back than they did to close!

Reply by justanothernotary on 7/14/05 5:51pm
Msg #52238

Hmmm, doing work for Leading Edge, or is it American Title.

both are a major PITA!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.