Notary Rotary
Title Closer/Signing Agent
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Lydia Esther/Florida on 7/1/05 9:03am
Msg #49289

I have been visiting this forum for a while and reading all messages , they can be very interesting , you learn so much and I really like and enjoy to see how everyone helps other Notaries speciallythe new ones in the field.

I have been a title closer for 28 years and as such I have conducted so many closings I lost count by now , however being a Signing Agent is another world since I have learn that I have to keep my mouth close must of the time and be as brief as possible . It is very hard to do the Job this way when you are trained for many years and have an specific style of handling closings , making sure that the Buyer(s) understand the loan that they got at the closing table ( sometimes totally different of what he/she/they were offered at the time of the application)

I specially wish to congratulate Silvia/ Paw and Becka - You are incredible ! There are so many others ........ but I can remember their names right now !

Reply by Becca/FL on 7/1/05 9:44am
Msg #49306

Thanks and welcome.

I too was a title closer and had to be re-trained as a signing agent. (thanks Sylvia for reminding me to take off my title hat) You will find a style that works for you and should go far with your background. Please feel free to email me or call anytime. you can look up my profile by searching zip 32966. I'd be happy to add you to our little network list, just email your contact & coverage info.

Becca

Reply by Lydia Esther on 7/1/05 10:46am
Msg #49329

My E-mail is [e-mail address]

AND THANKS !

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/1/05 10:02am
Msg #49314

Thanks for the accolades, Lydia. I too have a hard time keeping "impartial and unbiased". Smiley

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 7/1/05 3:45pm
Msg #49417

I closed for an attorney in NY for years and you can count me in on having a hard time changing hats and keeping an unbiased opinion, especially when dealing with predatory lenders.

Reply by Lydia Esther/Fl on 7/1/05 4:12pm
Msg #49421

Is very hard, specially when you realize that Borrowers , must of the time, do not have an idea and you are there just for the signing !

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/1/05 4:28pm
Msg #49427

First thing I do at the table is to explain that as a Notary Public, I am there as an impartial witness to notarize signatures and take oaths (and/or affirmations) as required by the lender, and to present the documents for their review. I am not an attorney and have no financial interest in their loan(s).

If at any time, they are uncomfortable signing any document, they need to let me know and we can discuss the problem and work from there.

That I cannot, by law, explain the content of any document, but may be able to direct them to the proper document, which may contain the information they are looking for. For any questions concerning the content, they may need to contact their loan officer or broker.

They may choose to retain an attorney (at their expense) to handle the signing of their loan, purchase or sale or to advise them about the transaction.

Reply by Pete/NY on 7/1/05 9:49pm
Msg #49487

PAW you're right. I haven't been in this business as long as you or do I have your experience. I try to be as helpful as possible and your comments have helped me a great deal. I also disclose right up front that I am there only to witness their signatures but I do give them a brief overview of what the document is all about.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.