Notary Rotary
To Any Newbie - To Jan in Santa Clarita
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Allison B-Cali2 on 7/11/05 9:27am
Msg #50924

Don't give up helping yourself! Ignore the negative and jealous who try to squash your enthusiasm. Research, sign up with everyone you can (unless you know they are a flake), read your notary handbook over and over and learn your job and then read any other materials you have purchased or can get your hands on to learn more. Call-back, market, utilize free resources available to you like the Small Business Development Centers and AARP; read the boards because you'll learn more and get leads, but there's one other thing that's important: Soon, you'll realize that there's one main reason why you will succeed: There's so many who complain about signing companies and borrowers and aren't going to be successful because all they do is just that: Complain. They play victim, they blame everyone else for being slow, they keep saying the market is saturated in their area (it doesn't matter where they live -- everyone says the same thing), they blame the NNA, they really don't like what they do but they just keep plugging along, complaining. And you'll soon see that there really isn't any competition because it's so easy to take control of your destiny and be a lot better at what you do or want to do than all the Gloomy-Guss' and naysayers out there. I SAY GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU WORK HARD AND WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, YOU'LL SUCCEED!

Reply by Kath_CA on 7/11/05 9:55am
Msg #50929

Nicely said, Allison B!! Where in CA are you?

Reply by Allison B-Cali2 on 7/11/05 10:03am
Msg #50930

Hi! Thank you Kath. I'm in Temecula, the area that is the most "saturated" in all the land, according to many. And it's so saturated with so many great signing agents that I'm still getting calls.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/11/05 11:32am
Msg #50951

Re: To Any Newbie - To Jan in Santa Clarita...Well Put. n/m

Reply by Jan Marshall on 7/11/05 5:07pm
Msg #51036

Thanks for the encouragement, I called notaryclasses.com and they are hooking me up with one of their professionals here near me to go on a few signings with.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:20pm
Msg #51079

There's always room for a serious professional....

even when saturated. good post!

Reply by Terry, CA on 7/17/05 7:00pm
Msg #52831

Re: There's always room for a serious professional....

Can I just say....WHAT A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER......to finally hear positive feedback and suggestions! What a difference a POSITIVE POST can make.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.