Notary Rotary
Trans Union...time to vent
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Celeste on 7/5/05 1:51pm
Msg #49886

I've had it... everytime I call for my money I get some new excuse. Today I get no answer and then told no one can take my call today. I'm into them for almost $500. I hope someone else can tell me a better story about them. I'm going on 70 days past due. I thought this company was supposed to be more reputable?

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/5/05 2:06pm
Msg #49890

Re: Trans Union...time to vent -- I'll add Accusigning, too

I've not done anything for Trans Union, but Accusigning is now 90 days past due with me. It's only for one signing because I know their payment track record and I never let them get more than one up on me. I bill them twice a month with no response except to take additional signings, and then they dance around the delinquent payment issue.

Reply by AnonymousMe on 7/5/05 2:16pm
Msg #49891

I have gone so far as to bill late charges to such companies as Trans Union. I've had no problems with Accusignings so far. Someone told me that Accusignings pays according to how they collect from the lender.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/5/05 2:32pm
Msg #49896

**Someone told me that Accusignings pays according to how they collect from the lender.**

This is the song and dance of many SSs. However, if we were to try it with our own creditors, we wouldn't get far. Perhaps they need to revamp their own collection system because 90+ days just isn't doing it.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/5/05 2:39pm
Msg #49898

TCT slow these days too. n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/5/05 3:11pm
Msg #49904

Re: TCT slow these days too. n/m

I'm willing to let a company go 60 days before causing a commotion because I realize that some account payables are only once a month and most are twice a month. Depending on when the signing occurs, it could easily be pushed to the next month and payment not until the next month, thus 60 days. It's part of being self-employed and for someone living hand-to-mouth, this is probably not the best thing to get into.

I have an unnamed company at the moment who insists that payment was made on the 17th of the month and to double check that I have it. No, I don't have it. If it has cleared their bank, I want a copy of the endorsement on the back. It hasn't cleared the bank, but they don't want to pay $20-$25 for a stop payment, and they don't want to issue another check either until all the checks around it have cleared. Personally, because I'm charged for each deposit with my biz checking account, I don't deposit each individual check one at a time, but generally hold them and make one large deposit. Well, let's just see how long it can *float* around before landing in a *less than ethical person's hands* or stay in the black dead zone of the post office until eternity. I can possibly see not wanting to spend money to stop the check in it's tracks, but how long are we expected to sit idle on a *lost* check. From my own experience, the morgage company check once got lost and was never found -- they didn't care what had become of it and all they knew was that they didn't have it and they *insisted* on a replacement IMMEDIATELY.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/5/05 3:32pm
Msg #49906

Re: Clarification

After re-reading this and it falling under your post, Brenda -- someone could construe that I was saying you were living hand-to-mouth. The statement was not directed to anyone in general, but just stating that this biz (or self-employment) is not the same as working for an employer and receiving a paycheck weekly or every two weeks.

Also, I *lost* the "t" in mortgage.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/5/05 3:40pm
Msg #49907

Re: Clarification

***Someone could construe that I was saying you were living hand-to-mouth***

Carolyn, you have been reading those posts about me being a bully, haven't you...

J/k, I never even noticed.
Smiley

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/5/05 3:52pm
Msg #49910

Re: An open apology

I just received an e-mail from my unnaned company stating that the *missing* check was returned to them today. It was addressed incorrectly and they are putting the entire envelope into another and mailing it so I can see that they were forthright in telling me it was originally mailed on the 17th.

This is a reputable company, which is why I didn't reveal their name. I never had a dobut about their honesty or that the check had not been mailed. However, I was more concerned because the check was *missing* and nearing its third week.

I want to openly apologize to this unnamed company for venting, and I *do* appreciate you staying on top of the situation, even though I felt, at times, not enough was being done.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.