Uniform Statutory Form Power of Attorney
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by JPC_CA on 7/18/05 6:05pm
Msg #52969

I have this form in my package and it says:

Notice: The Powers granted by this document are broad and sweeping. They are explained in the uniform statutory form power of attorney act (California Probate Code Sections 4400-4465)If you have any questions about these powers obtain competent legal advice. This document does not authorize anyone to make medical and other health-care decisions for you, you may revoke this power of attorney if you late wish to do so.

I, John Signer at 123 Way st Los Alamos, CA Appoint____________________________

as my agent (attorney in fact) to act for me in any lawful way with

I pretty sure that this document its not for me to do nothing, since Im not an attorney right?

Should I just leave it in blank, it comes at the end with an ackn. to notorize.

thank you for your help.

Jpc

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/18/05 9:32pm
Msg #52997

Be very, very careful! Get some legal advice from a CALIFORNIA attorney before you do anything with that form. From what you've posted, it looks as if the grantor is giving away ALL rights except medical decisions. Get help!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/19/05 1:08am
Msg #53050

I had one of those from Kentucky in a mobile home closing here. Don't know if that's what you are dealing with, but it was my situation.

I hated to notarize it even if it had been completed because it's enough to take over the bwr's life! In this case, they had left the "I appoint ___ " with no name in it.

The borrower was perfectly happy to leave the blank like it was. The salesman told me that I just better damned well do my job and sign that notary certificate. I said, I am doing my job.

That's why this needs to be completed before I notarize it. Not trying to practice law, but how can she acknowledge that her statements are true and for the purposes stated therein if there is nothing therein to acknowledge?

I notarized it, but only after the bwr wrote "left blank" in the blank and initialed. This was one situation that I felt like crying in. But, I didn't...however, I did excuse myself and leave the room for a long pregnant pause without explanation while I composed myself. After I returned to the room, that's when I told them something was going into the blank.

It was not pretty...and needless to say, I have not been asked to return to do any more jobs for that mobile home sales lot or the lovely and ever-popular Mr. Personality who stood up and yelled at me.

According to their theory, the title company was the ONLY one who could put that information in there. Translated, that means if the bwr doesn't pay, the person who wants to repossess the trailer will do so by putting his/her name into that blank.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/19/05 1:17am
Msg #53053

"translated"? OMG, Brenda, are you guilty of UPL?? You didn't post a disclaimer! Dearie me. James, I need my smelling salts....ooh, feeling faint.

All sarcasm aside...that's a pretty sorry deal. Good for you for the long pregnant pause. But...the title company?? I can see the lender in the blank space - what does the title company get out of a repo mobile home?

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/19/05 2:23am
Msg #53055

CaTitleGal answer and Long OT

**I can see the lender in the blank space - what does the title company get out of a repo mobile home?**

Well, TitLeGal... they could make it into a camphouse and move it up to Central Texas, or they could use it to store bailed hay in, or they might want to make a break room out behind the main title company building, or they might want to put their mother-in-law in it.

Title people...you can never tell what they want with a repo mobile home. Don't act so innocent. I know your type. Smiley

Yep, I should have posted a disclaimer...but I am giddy here in the middle of this Texas Night. My son's girlfriend was here for three nights and I had to be quiet so as not to disturb the "beasts."

GF is a great little gal, but for some silly reason she bought my son a lab puppy--and he told her that was a splendid and wonderful idea--of course, his mother would think that was great! She LOVES dogs... even though I have vetoed this idea repeatedly and suggested he move and make a home for his puppy elsewhere as I know he has no intention of caring for it. And, I just don't want to care for a puppy.

He and I are roomies...homies...or housemates...whatever...but I am still the momma and it's my house. I love puppies a lot also, but a lab puppy can dump about a gallon of tinkle daily and my geek son is NOT going to stop fondling his laptop long enough to give a lab puppy the kind of care it needs.

So, GF gift notwithstanding, I told him he was NOT going to bring me a puppy to raise. I have two dogs...a grown dog maybe I'd go for that...puppy, no. In fact I think I said, "Son, I will kill your young @ss. NO baby puppy!"

So, GF came for a three night visit with my son's puppy, plus her two dogs...a lovely lab lady named Sadie (who I'd take to live with us in a heartbeat) and Sadie was in heat...and, also her little dog Bandit who has epilepsy and has to be kept calm and given her downers regularly...and then there were my two finely bred Notary Security Police dogs, Sgt. Foxy and Major Stone. Major Stone is very much a rough, tough scrapper.

She is also in charge of notary security and all the dogfood placement and/or behavior in this house. Dogfood only goes into her mouth or it lays in the bowl...and she's crabby if it misbehaves or gets out of place...especially into another dog's mouth.

The happy couple - son/gf - went out to hit the bars Friday night, and they went shopping on Saturday, and to the movies Saturday night.

While they were gone the darling dogglings stayed with Gran--Me.

Ty, the puppy meddled Major Stone until she had to take him down a notch...Sgt. Foxy bristled up and acted like Barney Fife backing up Andy in Mayberry, Epileptic Bandit jumped on the Sgt., Sadie put the smack down on the Major, but the Major is part Rottie and white fangs were everywhere. Ty ran in the kitchen and puddled up the place. The Notary broke up the rumble and did not even raise her voice...well...not the first several times.

Then, the notary walked each of the civilians and next each of the military dogs...and that took the better part of an hour...all dogs got a snack...the puppy napped for five minutes of blissful peace, and wokeup...then, the puppy meddled the Major...and here it went again, and again, and again...

I was living in a dog nightmare...and the "kids" went out to eat. (LOL...and I know that's my fault, but I like to see my kids have fun. I did put the word out yesterday that there would be no more furloughs out of the house, unless it was my furlough--no way, not while there were four dogs and a urine machine in residence.)

When the three visiting dogs left this morning with their pretty mistress, the Major literally did a happy dance, threw her toys all over the living room, ran in circles. In an unprecedented act of affection, the Major kissed the Sgt. whom she generally disdains to acknowledge in any notarial capacity. True story.

So...I forgot to disclaim because I'm enjoying the sounds of no dogs barking, no hyper-vigilance to assure that the puppy does not have an accident, and I still feel so happy over the emptiness of this room, that I pause to hug myself about every ten minutes. Now, I shall remove my shoes, leave them on the floor now that the chewer is gone...and I'll curl up in my bed with a very relieved Sgt. and Major.

I won't set an alarm tonight.

When my son gets up in the morning, I won't jump up and take the Notary Police Officers out. I will just yell at my son to forget reading the newspaper and drinking coffee before he goes to work.

My dogs want to go out, now...can't he take them?

Gosh Son! Isn't it the least you can do???

Gotta get all I can out of this one. LOL

Reply by Trenton Hall on 7/19/05 6:53am
Msg #53060

Re: CaTitleGal answer and Long OT

I looooove this board.! This is better than the Sunday comics.!! Never mind all the good information.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/19/05 8:04am
Msg #53065

Brenda reports:

*** I did excuse myself and leave the room for a long pregnant pause***

Please note that I disclaim any responsibility for a pregnancy of any nature, and shall continue to do so until the DNA results are in. Furthermore, it was Brenda who pursued me. I wasn't really interested because she owns neither liquor store nor bass boat.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.