Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Tulsa_prlgl on 7/26/05 9:47am
Msg #54712

What I had to dodge on the road last nite

1. pile of hay bales scattered on a curve

2. fallen tree

3. Deer

4. some sort of engine

This was on a 40+ stretch of backroad, extremely curvy highway at 11:00 at night. I was wide awake! P.S.- I hit the tree, but did not tell anyone >;0)

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 9:49am
Msg #54713

***P.S.- I hit the tree, but did not tell anyone >;0)****

And, you are still fit enough to post. That's kind of a miracle!

Reply by tulsa_prlgl on 7/26/05 9:57am
Msg #54717

well, It was more like a sidesweep, I just have a big scratch on the bottom of the right side of my car. I was actually on the phone with the borrower and all of a sudden there it was. I swerved and said "oh *&()^&*(&*()*()&%$%#%^&$%" LOL, he said, ah-you must have hit that tree, yeah I just hit it too on my way home.............. thanks for warning me!

Reply by DellaCa on 7/26/05 10:13am
Msg #54721

Glad your alright, the road I was on I had to stop for a family of deer the mama and 3 babies.If I had been 2 mins sooner I would have hit them or went off into a ravine.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 10:50am
Msg #54732

Excuse me while I hijack this thread...Deer....

http://www.texnotary.com/ddd.jpg

The above is a view of a few of the resident deer in a little place called Hilltop Lakes where I did a few draw inspections.

[see http://hilltoplakes.com/]

This is one of those times where "the deer live here...you visitin'" definitely comes into play.

They are so prolific there that they OWN the place. I had the Notary Dog when I went because it was a Sunday afternoon...no one else was working at the site and it was way back in the woods. The deer come up to the car and check things out.

I had cracked the window for Miss Dog to do a little sniffing and barking. She got very quiet and sat down. She looked at me in a panic and her expression said: "they are huge and intimidating. Let's get the heck out of here...now, please."

Okay...is anyone else happy to have a day for the coma? I am finishing inspections that were left hanging the last couple of days.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 10:55am
Msg #54735

Re: Excuse me while...fixing a broken link...

http://hilltoplakes.com

Reply by BOb-Chicago on 7/26/05 10:57am
Msg #54737

Re: Excuse me while I hijack this thread...Deer....

Brenda is second from the right
You can tell by intelligent look on face
Also hooves are worn down from typing many looooooong posts

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 11:05am
Msg #54742

Re: Excuse me while I hijack this thread...Deer....

Bob...I did not want to tell this, but

Bob is the one one the far right. Forget about the male female thing...there's no accounting for things in the deep woods of Central Texas.

One should ALWAYS carry a camera, a gun, three cell phones, a can of coffee, a pint of gin, and a book.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/26/05 10:41am
Msg #54729

Sounds like you were on old 66 or hwy 88. glad your ok.

Reply by tulsa_prlgl on 7/26/05 12:06pm
Msg #54759

I think I was on Highway 82 from Tahlequah to Pryor, then I drove from Pryor to Broken Arrow. I got home last nite at 1:36 am. Tonite I am going to the boondocks in Coweta, then up to Bartlesville. I think I am married and think I have children, but cant exactly remember... lol!

My DH is becoming used to the idea of crazy hours, but still has moments of feeling neglected... anyone else's sig other wonder why the house is trashed and there is a trail of paper from the kitchen to the office to the door, some stacked neatly near fed ex envelopes, and some crumpled?

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 7/26/05 12:22pm
Msg #54766

My sweetie has been wondering who his fiancee is lately ..... I walked through the door yesterday at a decent hour and he asked me "Can I help you? Are you in the right house?" funny guy.....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.