Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What are the odds this will all need to be re-signed?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by SamIam_CA on 7/28/05 9:28am
Msg #55319

The docs had Mr. Borrower's SSAN filled in incorrectly on the IRS forms - he corrected the number and initialed the change. Mrs. NOBs name was not pre-printed on the TIL, however, I still had her sign the form anyway - as noted in the instructions

In addition, Mrs. NOBs first name was spelled incorrectly on the DOT and a few other riders. The correct spelling is Abcdefg - docs had Abcidefg. She crossed off the "I" and initialed the change.

A private courier was supposed to pick the docs up from the Borrowers at 7pm so they'd be delivered today. The borrower's called me at approximately 7:45pm because the courier had not yet arrived. I instructed them to leave the package by the front door.

Do you think I followed proper NSA procedure? I'm worried mostly about the DOT - but I couldn't have notarized it with her name spelled wrong. If the whole things needs to be re-signed should I charge the same amount?

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 7/28/05 9:37am
Msg #55322

I would venture to say a re-sign, but some companies wont pay you nothing but a trip fee to do the job all over again. As long as it was not YOUR fault it has to be resigned, I think they should have to pay another full fee.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/28/05 9:38am
Msg #55323

Re: DOT - If they are bright, you'll be fine. Key word here is 'if'. Some don't want you to clean up after 'em & want a re-draw. Others just want a call so they can bless it. It's a toss up as to which kind you drew this time. I have learned--painfully, I might add-- to call & ask what they want this time...every time.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/28/05 10:03am
Msg #55329

Called the SS but it was after 5pm - left a message on their machine...

Reply by sue on 7/28/05 11:09am
Msg #55335

you don't call the signing service. you call the people with the correct answer - the title company.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 7/28/05 1:11pm
Msg #55364

I agree with Lee...as they all are different and depends on what they want. I would have called them and ask. But, I know after hours signings can be a hassle is there is no one to answer the phone. I tried to get a cell phone number specially for after hour signings.

Reply by Dave_CA on 7/28/05 9:46am
Msg #55324

50/50 but you did it right. N/M

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.