Notary Rotary
What would you have Quoted
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Dmartz_IN on 7/27/05 3:18pm
Msg #55137

Four hour drive round trip, Ref with edocs?

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/27/05 3:24pm
Msg #55142

did one of those a couple of weeks ago for 250. It was a Saturday, the family went along to explore while I did the signing, it lasted 20 minutes. Whenever I have one that far they like to tag along, so we make it fun and find a new place to eat or shop.

What did you quote?

Reply by DmartzIN on 7/27/05 3:27pm
Msg #55143

$175 an was told way to much, I figured at the least if everything wait well i would have 5 hrs tied up in it.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/27/05 3:29pm
Msg #55146

I think they met my fee because they were strapped in a rural area with no other notaries available. The title company ate the fee to get the borrowers to sign

Reply by Marla_NorCal on 7/27/05 4:06pm
Msg #55161

I did a 4 hour r/t w/e-docs yesterday and $175. was my requested fee and they agreed to it.
I am curious to see others response, I woulnd't do it for less. I was "unavailable" for any other home-based signings.......
Marla

Reply by AnneSoCa on 7/27/05 4:49pm
Msg #55178

Wow, 4 hour R/T with e-docs? That's definitely at least $175. That's a LOT of time out of your schedule. If the company that contacted you thought $175 was too much, they should do the work!

I did a 120 mile R/T with docs that I picked up at escrow and charged $200. I asked the escrow person I deal with what he thought I should charge and he said $200 was fine. The whole thing took me about 3 1/2 hours to complete.

You're the one who has to put a value on your time and what you do. Sometimes you'll get the fee, sometimes you won't, that's just how it goes I guess.

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/27/05 4:57pm
Msg #55182

I have done 4 hr+ rt's and have made $250 to $300 without complaint. Usually on an off day so no other deals conflict. Or I have my better half do the close in ones so I can do the 'trippers'.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/28/05 12:40am
Msg #55284

165 miles one way, $360 . . . docs came to me, not the place where the bwrs were...165 miles away on vacation. This was today. I would have gone because they are my good clients, however, the bwrs apparently decided they wanted no more of the situation on vacation. Never would return my call...at 6:30 I abandoned the plan. Bwrs were po'd that the docs went to their home town/me and not to their vacation spot to a notary.

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/27/05 7:03pm
Msg #55197

Monday I had a 2 hr R/T for $200, then had to do edocs and 3 hr R/T and made $175. I got a call while I was printing those docs to do another edoc on the way home. For that signing I got $225 . A really nice day. Got home at 12:15a.m. Then had to get up at 5:30 to be at my 7:00 a. m. on Tuesday.

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/27/05 7:55pm
Msg #55206

The most distance I've been asked to do is 3 hour round and I charge $175 and up.

Reply by Bonnie/FL on 7/27/05 8:39pm
Msg #55218

I was asked to do a signing about 30 minutes from my house with the wife and they were going to pay me $65 AND then they threw in I would then need to drive one hour to husband's place of business, have him do the signing and turn around and drive another hour back home (but they would not tell me where the hour's drive was to and how they came up with it would only take one hour to drive to husband's place of business. Out of hte goodness of their hearts, they were going to give me a whopping $25 extra for the second signing and the 2 hour RT drive, making the total fee $90. I turned them down and about an hour later I got a local signing job for $125 minutes from my houe and was in an out in less than 1/2 hour. This is just a complaint, no help to your question I realize.

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/27/05 9:28pm
Msg #55227

Well, good for you! It's nice to see things make a turn for the better. I had a deal scheduled for today at 1:00, e-docs. I rec'd a call at about 11:30 telling me the app't would have to be rescheduled for later in the day, not sure what time yet, but wanted to know what my schedule was. At the time, I only had two more...a 4:30 and a 7:00. They said they would call back.....I waited and waited..no call, ended up taking on two more app't's since I didn't hear from the first co. I find out later that they ended up rescheduling it with someone else because they wanted it done at 5:00 and they said they want app't's scheduled 3 HOURS APART. (yeah, like that's gonna happen) Nice of them to let me know. Oh well, worked out better for me anyway.

Reply by Melissa/FL on 7/28/05 8:46am
Msg #55313

Bonnie

Where in FL are you?

Reply by LMag on 7/27/05 9:51pm
Msg #55231

I did a signing a couple of months ago that was 100 miles one-way. This is the greater Bay Area in CA, San Rafael, for those of you in the area. I had to pick up docs from the TC then sign the couple, then return the docs to a different branch of the TC because the first branch didn't have a drop-box.

No chance to preview the docs before the signing. I get there and learn there were papers for the wife's parents to co-sign. No one said anything to me about co-signers! The parents were in San Francisco - that would have been another 60+ miles except that the parents were out of the state on the date of the signing and were not returning till the next day!!

I charged $300 for this re-fi - with traffice, it took 5 1/2 hours out of my day. The TC called me the next day asking me to go sign the parents in San Francisco. I said I would for an additional fee. They declined and found someone else closer to go sign the parents. In retrospect, if I'd known about the parents, I would have scheduled it the next day and had the parents meet the borrowers at their home. It still would have been a 5+ hour day, but I would have gotten the entire job done. I hated leaving the job undone, but there's no way I'm working for free because the TC didn't clue me on this "minor" detail.

Reply by MJ FL on 7/27/05 10:37pm
Msg #55248

At least $200. Figure that in 4 hours you could close 2 Edoc loans at $100 each and not have the mileage (no guarantee that you would have two assigned back to back). Still, we all got money on our minds and our minds on our money. I had one last night that I had to make a second trip on. It was an hour one way. The first trip we closed a 1st and 2nd for $200 & last night I went back to correct a title company error and re-signed the second for another $150. I love my job! Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.