Notary Rotary
Who has done H & R Block loans
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/9/05 2:24am
Msg #50725

I remember reading once about the packages of having to sign a document titled Settlement Agent and substituting Signing Agent. Am wondering if this might be the Affidavit of Settlement Agent?? This was started 8:00 PST and last minute E-docs of course:-)

Reply by sue on 7/9/05 6:18am
Msg #50728

I do H&Rs all the time and that affidavit is for the title company, not us. I've never been asked to sign it.

At least on the east coast, H&R has opened their own title company, naturally reducing the fees we've received in the past. We shall see ...

Reply by MsRobboPA on 7/9/05 2:36pm
Msg #50777

I have done a few H&R Block loans and do not recall having to fill out that doc.

Reply by sue on 7/9/05 5:07pm
Msg #50791

I'm also in PA so we probably do them for the same title company. They sign that one and have never asked me to.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/9/05 5:12pm
Msg #50793

If it is the one that confirms YOU saw their ID's personally, I always sign, and cross out settlement agent and write in Notary Public. Never had one questioned or returned.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/9/05 7:54pm
Msg #50804

You shouldn't be writing in "Notary Public" as verification of identification is not an authorized duty of a Florida Notary. (Florida notaries are only authorized to perform 6 basic duties.) You shoud write in "Signing Agent", as that is the position of responsibilty you are exercising when signing that document.

Reply by sue on 7/9/05 10:36pm
Msg #50811

this isn't an id verification form - it's a form stating you performed settlement agent duties. I've got no problem w/ H&R's ID form.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.