Notary Rotary
Why is laser printer of or fax important
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Candace Marcalus on 7/27/05 11:41am
Msg #55064

I must say that when I became a notary a few months ago, I thought that I would be making money, not spending it all.
Anyway, I was told that because I don't have the laser this and that is why I have not gotten any buz. Is this true?

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/27/05 11:47am
Msg #55066

Laser printing because it is burned is permanent while ink-jets are water based and are not permanent. any business requires an up-front investment.

Reply by Candace Marcalus on 7/27/05 11:52am
Msg #55069

I have them on the way, just had to vent some anger, sorry!
Done whinning.
I am looking forward to signing up with some companies this site offers and see if I can get things moving.

Reply by Wendy Filice on 7/27/05 12:10pm
Msg #55077

Do all of you suggest a laser FAX machine? I have a laser printer for edocs; I will be purchasing a fax machine soon & wonder if it is necessary also. TIA

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/27/05 12:32pm
Msg #55087

Yes, laser is important for fax.

That's why a lot of NSAs have combination printer/fax/copier hardware.

Reply by Jody Barauskas on 7/27/05 11:55am
Msg #55070

Candace,

The ink from an ink jet printer will smear if something is spilled on it so companies require a laser jet printer to protect their documents from smearing. A laser printer is faster and cheaper in the long run over the use of an ink jet.
Some SS's require certain documents be faxed back to them when a signing is completed and some companies send docs to you via a fax machine. A fax machine is pretty inexpensive and I find it very useful in business. It also saves you the cost of using someone else's machine to send or receive important docs.

Reply by yoyo on 7/27/05 12:05pm
Msg #55073

Check on ebay and see if you purchase a all in one (printer,fax,copier combo) I purchased a laser printer and it works great.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.