Notary Rotary
Yellow Pages
Notary Discussion History

Yellow Pages
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Sherry_CA on 7/7/05 9:55pm
Msg #50438

Yellow Pages

Hi guys and gals, does anybody know if the Yellow Pages is good advertisement? Does it really work or is it just a costly scam? Any suggestions or ideas for advertisment?? Located in Southern California. Thanks.

Reply by KP on 7/7/05 10:00pm
Msg #50442

I have found that the yellow pages aren't really worth it. Signing up with signingagent.com (National Notary Assoc.) and any others like notary rotary is the best way to go. You can sign up for free on many of them. SS's use the on-line method of locating notaries.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/7/05 10:04pm
Msg #50445

It depends. Are you planning on doing loan signings exclusively? If yes, then no. If you are willing to be a mobile notary (traveling notary), then heck yes!

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/7/05 10:04pm
Msg #50446

Hi Sherry,

In my humble opinion your money is better spent on memberships such as Notary Rotary, Go Mobile Notary, 123 Notary, The Signing Registry....etc. Spend your money where those who are constantly seeking your service frequent when they need notaries.

I have opted for the free listings in the yellow pages on the internet and thats about as far as it goes.....I dont think that you will receive the ROI you are looking for there.

Kim

Reply by Sherry_CA on 7/7/05 10:26pm
Msg #50458

Thank you guys, I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Yes, I am a certified signer as well, however getting business is not easy and frustrating. I am finding all the free advertisments do not bring in any calls. Is this true for most or just in CA??

Reply by SL/CA on 7/7/05 11:15pm
Msg #50478

Yes, I hear ya on the frustrating part. It is mostly because So. California is so overly saturated. I have been a notary for about a year and a half and have done about 75 signings. It took about 7 months to finally get calls. I know that 7 months felt like an eternity.... Hang in there, sign up with as many signing agencies as you can, you will start getting calls. But you might want to know (if you are new to signings) that you may need to take some 50.00 signings to get your name out there, and to get experience, that is what I did... and now I am making more and more.. it is a slow process, but as we all know, this isnt a get rich quick job, huh... LOL..... On the whole yellow pages issue, well I have been in there for about 6 months and have had one call for a mobile notary, not quite worth it I would say.

Good luck and hang in there Smiley

Reply by Julie-MI on 7/8/05 6:58am
Msg #50527

My state gave us an increase from $2 to $10 per jurat or acknowledgement AND allowed us to charge a travel fee.

I did place an an in the yellow pages, both print and on-line, and it was not worth it. It cost me more per month than what I made. Also, it seemed to attract a bunch of heavily accented people requesting me to "notarize a copy of their drivers license." When I told them I could not do that, they would reply the other notary did it, so I told them to go back to the other notary.

Because of my semi rural area, general notary work is not beneficial to me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.