Notary Rotary
question
Notary Discussion History

question
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by sue/nm on 7/17/05 9:31pm
Msg #52858

question

Have a question because I'd like to put something together...

Would you (the notary) rather have:

1. a message board that was availablie ONLY to registered NOTARY members. (log-in to site required) i.e. Companies could NOT post or read & you're free to say anything without getting fallout from companies.

OR

2. an open message board that anyone could use (as long as they were a registered user - not necessarily a member of the site though) i.e.Notaries/Companies/any Tom Dick or Jane who at least registers their info can post, read, etc.

The reason I say registered user is then the admin of the message board could block or remove anyone not following the rules for participation.

Which would appeal to you more and why? Or do you have a better idea?

TIA

Reply by Answer on 7/17/05 9:49pm
Msg #52859

I'd rather have a private notary board where questions back and forth are private.

Reply by Gajillion/AL on 7/17/05 9:51pm
Msg #52860

I pick number 1. n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/17/05 10:07pm
Msg #52863

Both ...

I like the option of both and would add a third, which is the way things are now on some boards and forums. There are advantages and disadvantages to each way, and there are forums and boards available in all three compositions.

Reply by Melody on 7/17/05 10:27pm
Msg #52867

#1 - keep the SSs off the board so we can comment freely.

n/m

Reply by sue/nm on 7/17/05 11:20pm
Msg #52875

Thanks & any more comments are appreciated n/m

Reply by Ernest__CT on 7/17/05 11:36pm
Msg #52876

1. Nice, but not possible. There is no practical way to keep (owners and/or employees of) signing services, title companies, etc., from joining. Sorry, but it is just not possible.

Reply by Dave on 7/18/05 5:57am
Msg #52886

Actually it is possible. At notarydatabase.com, notaries that are members of our site can post comments about signing companies and lenders in our private members area, which is only available to other paying notaries.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/18/05 6:48am
Msg #52887

Not only possible, but enforced.

There are many "members only" forums in many different industries. In this one, the Signing Registry forum is a "members only" and is enforced. The forum is restricted to Notaries and Signing Agents only, no nationwide signing services, title companies or lenders, are allowed access to the forum, even though many are "members" of the Registry. Of course, if someone "lies" to join, it will soon be found out and dealt with. Integrity is something that is a requirement to be a Notary Public and a member of the SR.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/19/05 12:05am
Msg #53026

Really? Bet me.....n/m

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/19/05 12:11am
Msg #53030

With whom do you want to bet? n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/19/05 12:19am
Msg #53032

Re: Really? Bet me.....n/m

I'd bet you in a heart beat...Smiley However...to this post I responded too quickly. You stated it was not possible to keep others "off" a board, or no practical way from joining. Actually you are correct, which was my whole point in saying 'bet me'...just had it backwards. Mea culpa, or too quick on the keyboard.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/19/05 9:21am
Msg #53082

Whew! That's what I was hoping! I'd hate ...

... to have to wager against someone whose posts are so enjoyable. When I bet with Lady Rouge (my better half, she of the red hat) I lose 75% of the time.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/18/05 2:09am
Msg #52880

Like Paul, I think both are good.

Reply by Renee_MI on 7/18/05 3:45am
Msg #52883

I frequent both the 'notary only' board and the public boards, and as Paul states, they each provide their own unique benefit.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/18/05 9:14am
Msg #52893

I say open forum for all. I for one am not afraid of SS's TC's or any other companies that I might sign for reading this board.

Reply by SherryB on 7/18/05 3:20pm
Msg #52935

You may not want to hear from me because I own a signing agency....I for one think that a board like this is extremely beneficial for both the SA and SS. For me personally, I really learn alot by reading your posts. All the constructtive criticism helps me to see what I can do to make things better for the SA's that I contract with. I realize that some SS's don't view this board for the same purposes that I do and thats unfortunate. I am glad that I have a place to see what SA's are saying and also be able to share my views on the industry...

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/18/05 11:07pm
Msg #53015

Thank you, SherryB. My opinion is ...

... that the perspectives of signing services are valuable to Notary Signing Agents.

Thank you for pointing out that there is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism voiced frequently here. Criticism cuts both ways. Newly-commissioned notaries have been told by people with more experience that they should not be attempting loan signings yet. Some signing service QC people have been roasted for not knowing what the law was for a particular state.

Reply by Martha Gall CA on 7/18/05 7:40pm
Msg #52986

I would never say anything on this board that I wouldn't say to the person directly. I "own" my opinions and comments. Personally I like it the way it is, I'm new and have learned a lot. I'm a big girl and can form my own opinions.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/19/05 12:10am
Msg #53029

I like both.

A board devoted to nothing but notaries, no interference or thoughts about "should I post this or not" for fear of turning off the SS/TC. Just the truth.

I also like the idea of a board where all parties interact becuase it's invaluable for the perspective of each.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.