Notary Rotary
(the tyvek envelope), ????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Sharon/CA on 7/12/05 8:39am
Msg #51163

CaliNotary could you pleeeeease tell those of us who DON'T know what a tyvek envelope is.. just what kind of envelope that is.... so that we don't make the same mistake. Thanks for sharing your experience seems we all have one problem or another with these carriers, both UPS and Fed Ex. Thanks for your help!

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 9:07am
Msg #51174

It's the plastic white envelope that says PAK on it. A lot of signing companies do not carry a contract for that particular envelope. It's more expensive than the reusable cardboard.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/12/05 10:52am
Msg #51233

What is aggravating,is that it is difficult to find legal sized envelopes in drop boxes and
sometimes in their staffed offices. And then they will try to tell you the cost is the same...
I learned my lesson the hard $$$ way, too. If you will open an account with them, however, they will actually deliver them to your locale.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/12/05 11:15am
Msg #51241

The reason they don't stock the legal size envelopes in the drop boxes is simple. There's not enough demand for them. (This is direct from FedEx supply procurement.) If you go to a FedEx/Kinko's and ask them to stock them, they may or they may not, depending on their mood. But, if you have your own account, you can order all the supplies you want, on line on on the phone, and have them delivered right to your door. Usually within a few days.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/12/05 11:20am
Msg #51243

Just got a account this morning

Got tired of trying to scrounge up the Legal sized cardboard reuseable envelopes for TCT signings. Even my hub wouldn't stock them so I took the plunge this morning and they say it will be delivered to my door in 2-3 days

Reply by Sharon/Ca on 7/12/05 11:24am
Msg #51244

Re: Just got a account this morning

Thanks for the replies. I'll make sure not to use that tyvek envelope. I use the legal sized cardboard type ones they hold the documents real nicely and keep them from harm. I signed up for the Fed Ex account as soon as I decided to take this business full time and I have them deliver to my locale, its a snap! Have a great day... and many many signings to all of you. Smiley

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 1:16pm
Msg #51299

I opened my account on Friday and got my supplies today. I never thought I needed my own account until Friday's signing.

The drop box I usually use was taped shut with an 'out of order' sign. A second drop box that I knew about didn't have the legal envelopes. The third location I went to already had their pickup for the day.

Finally got to ship out the docs from a Kinkos that was 12 miles away - Lesson Learned!
I also opened a UPS account 'just in case'. The delivered the labels, but the envelopes were back ordered.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/12/05 1:34pm
Msg #51312

I use the tyvek ones. But on all the packages I first put the paperwork (clipped together) in a 12x15 1/2 manilla envelope with a clasp, then put that in the tyvek envelope.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 8:40pm
Msg #51428

I like UPS much, much better than Fedex. but, to date, I haven't been directed to use anything other than Fedex, with the tyvek soft envelope.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.