Notary Rotary
billing
Notary Discussion History

billing
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by paula/az on 7/27/05 1:18pm
Msg #55098

billing

I have a question about biling ss. From what I gather from this forum you don't send a invoice unless the SS company asks for one, right? I did my first signing on Monday night and thought I would just send a invoice on a weekly basis for all the signing I do but now it looks like you don't even need to invoice unless they want you to.

Reply by Shannon_Va on 7/27/05 1:27pm
Msg #55100

Some companies have an auto pay system and some want you to bill per closing and some want to be billed monthly. I would ask what their preference is when you accept the signing.

Reply by paula/az on 7/27/05 1:34pm
Msg #55102

thanks for the reply. They didn't say what their billing method was and I didn't ask ( a little nervous it being my first one).

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/27/05 1:38pm
Msg #55106

You can always ask ...

... when you call with / send the tracking number for the returned docs.

You _must_ stay on top of when payment is due and from whom. Otherwise you're going to be missing $$.

Reply by db_IL on 7/27/05 2:16pm
Msg #55117

ALL signings that I perform will have an invoice generated within 2-3 days of document return delivered via fax and/or US mail.

The reasons for this are many:
(1) when SS/TC/Lender sees a well-formatted, specific invoice (with Bwr name/location/type of loan) they take note that I am not some fly-by-night SA
(2) my billing system [Quickbooks Pro] also gives reminders of overdue invoices so I know which clients, if any, to call with a gentle reminder
(3) even a company with an automated system has problems (down computers/forgetful employees) so my invoice crossing a desk or two means less delays in payment
(4) allows me to detail and itemize every task involved in signing as proof that my charges are legitimate.

This habit is worthwhile for me. I've NEVER been stiffed on fees or been given the runaround about not being paid in a timely fashion due to lost invoices.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 7/27/05 9:55pm
Msg #55233

I use QB Pro as well. It is awesome. Lets me track everything. Does great reports and all. I enter my closings every night and when i get a check in i can be sure it gets applied to the actual closing instead of just being applied to a balance. Then if something goes over 30 days for one of those automatic clients, I can send it out. It is cool because you can email from the program too.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/28/05 4:27am
Msg #55290

You should send an invoice for every closing you perform. That is your demand for payment. If complications arise, and it becomes necessary to litigate, you will need to allege demand in your court pleadings, and introduce the demand letter to evidence. Technically the the party that hired you is not in breach of contract until a demand for payment has been made and payment was not made thereafter.

Reply by Kevin Ahern on 7/28/05 4:29am
Msg #55291

Sorry. Did not mean to post anonymously.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.