Notary Rotary
birth affadavit
Notary Discussion History

birth affadavit
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by sheila in san jose ca on 7/14/05 3:06pm
Msg #52179

birth affadavit

has anyone in ca done one of these? Its a form used when no birth cert is available,whereby the affiant completing it is giving info on some one else to establish them by name and personal knowledge of this person being born. etc. Seems pretty simple for them to complete and swear to. (it is a sworn statement (jurat).

Reply by sheila in san jose ca on 7/14/05 3:07pm
Msg #52180

Re: birth affidavit

excuse my spelling!!

Reply by Brian on 7/14/05 3:23pm
Msg #52185

The process has been around for over 70 years that I know. When people first started applying for Social Security cards, when the Social Security Administration first came into effect, many did not have birth certificates as they were not required prior to 1903, many states even then did not comply. So in order to apply for a SS card one had to fill out a birth affadavit. Some counties the courthouse burned down and this was the only way to get a substitute birth certificate. In some cases the parents just plain didn't register the birth of the child regardless of the law. (Tid bit of knowledge doing genealogy.)

Reply by Sheila in san jose on 7/14/05 3:37pm
Msg #52188

Thanks, I like that every so often, I get to do other things besides loan packages. yes, this is some one who is older and was born at home,

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.