Notary Rotary
credible witness ...
Notary Discussion History

credible witness ...
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by M-fl on 7/14/05 2:08pm
Msg #52158

credible witness ...

I have a closing scheduled for tomorrow and they husband does not have a valid id (he had a DUI more info than i needed but the supplied the info) and he is here on a green card. The wife is not sure if it is valid (so he may be illegally here) ... anyway I have never done a closing (and i have done over 200) with a CW and I am not sure if i am comfortable with the process (with a chance he may be here illegally) ... Anyway I am not sure if i should just call the SS back and say i dont want to do it (i have a call into them about the lack of id still waiting on the call) or what. I also know the loan is a HUGE one with a TON of notarizations so does that mean I have to use the CW form on each acknowlegment and jurat? I know this is a ton of questions and I have looked in the book and it appears to be that is how it would be done and really I am not sure if it would be worth the hassle (causing a bunch more work) ... anyway has using a CW ever turned you away from doing a job?

Thanks and I am always afraid to post questions for fear i will be blasted .. please be gentle ...

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/14/05 2:35pm
Msg #52169

No, you cannot use credible witnesses.

You can use the green card. Make sure it is valid. Otherwise he can go get a Florida Identification Card. But if he is here on a green card he probably has a passport you could use - provided it is still valid.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/14/05 2:36pm
Msg #52170

Re: credible witness ... PS

Call me if I can help any more. My contact numbers are in my profile. Click on the link.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.