Notary Rotary
document return
Notary Discussion History

document return
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by paula/az on 7/25/05 11:39pm
Msg #54641

document return

I just did my first signing tonight. I have a question about returning documents. I need to have the return tracking number back to ss by 8:00 am pacific time. So where would I get the tracking number from? I am just confused on this point. Do I get it from fedex. The instructions that I have give me a fedex billing # is this the tracking number too?

Reply by calipat/ca on 7/25/05 11:42pm
Msg #54643

On the airbill the tracking # is the # on the white top part of the bill. Were they overnight docs and did it include an airbill, or did you have to fill out an airbill yourself? Either way it is that #.

Reply by paula/az on 7/25/05 11:44pm
Msg #54644

They were edocs but now I need to next day overnight them. So I should be able to schedule a pickup w/ Fedex right?

Reply by calipat/ca on 7/25/05 11:47pm
Msg #54647

Do you have any FedEx supplies? Is there a FedEx/Kinko's near you? Or any other place they ship Fed Ex? You can get the airbill from them and fill it out or even have them help you, and pick up supplies as well.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/25/05 11:47pm
Msg #54648

"So I should be able to schedule a pickup w/ Fedex right"

Noooooooooooo.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there's an extra charge for this and the title company probably won't be too happy with you. Find somewhere to drop them off, you can find locations on fedex.com.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/26/05 8:53am
Msg #54693

Calinotary, I schedule pickups all the time with FedEx and UPS from my home office. I have never had a TC or other call and complain about a pickup charge. At least not yet anyway.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/25/05 11:46pm
Msg #54645

If there's no return envelope included with a tracking number I'd suggest leaving a message for the signing service that you ran out of Fed Ex slips and have to pick some more up in the morning and you'll call them back with the tracking number. Their main concern is getting confirmation that the closing was completed, they shouldn't have a problem with this.

Then, first thing in the morning head to a Fed Ex location, a Kinko's, a Fed Ex drop box, Staples, etc. and get a stack of envelopes, shipping labels and pouches. And do the same for UPS supplies.

Reply by calipat/ca on 7/25/05 11:49pm
Msg #54649

Also make sure......

you have their account #, remember you do not pay for this out of your own $$$.

Reply by paula/az on 7/25/05 11:51pm
Msg #54650

Re: Also make sure......

ok thanks so much. I will go in the am to pickup some supplies. I do have a billing number and address. So I will know what to do when I get to the fedex office.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 7/26/05 1:23am
Msg #54663

Where I live in Riverside Calif neither the UPS/FedEX drivers leave legal size envelopes in the drop boxes. Maybe they have this size in drop boxes in AZ but I doubt it. Not that many people except lawyer, notaries, etc use legal size envelopes.

Also, your new, so don't try to fit legal size docs in a letter size return envelope, you must get a legal size envelope to return the docs.

In Calif (and this could be nation wide) if you want FEDEX to pick up at your home/office and you don't have an account with FED call 1-800-463-3339 and at the voice prompt say; REP and you will get a live person and then give your address and you will get a pickup.

Reply by calipat/ca on 7/25/05 11:53pm
Msg #54652

By the way "congratulations on your first signing hope you have many more successful ones.

Reply by paula/az on 7/25/05 11:56pm
Msg #54653

It's me again. Still nervous from doing my first signing I guess so I am still a little confused. My instructions say that having tracking # ready once I left siging and to call w/ completion. But how would I have had the tracking number right after the signing?

Reply by calipat/ca on 7/26/05 12:12am
Msg #54655

Do you have supplies at home? If you do then fill out the aribill and you would have the tracking number. If not then you will have to wait until tomorrow to fill it out and get # and as calinotary stated make sure you get supplies.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 7/26/05 7:58am
Msg #54679

Before I ever had my first signing, I did my research first. I signed up with FEDEX, UPS, and DHL and ordered supplies delivered to my house. That is the only way to get legal envelopes unless I got to the FEDEX employee manned shipping center 45 miles away. It also helped that I am also an online seller and used UPS for years to ship my packages. I now use the USPS and use Priority Mail for that.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/26/05 8:21am
Msg #54683

The SS should understand that it is EOM (End Of Month) and things get rushed, so you haven't had time to prepare the return shipping before the signing. Not a big deal, so don't worry about that.

Considering that the docs would not go out that night, you could have taken the docs to your local or nearest FedEx/Kinkos and asked them to assist you in preparing a shipment. Be sure to take the account number with you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.