Notary Rotary
first signing
Notary Discussion History

first signing
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by jan-ca on 7/23/05 2:51pm
Msg #54149

first signing

Well, I was commissioned the end of May, certified as loan agent the end of June, took all the suggestions from notaryclasses.com and signed up with several website ie: notaryrotary, notary123, nna, etc,,,,went out and delivered twelve bouquets of chocolate covered strawberries to escrow companies and banks in my area, sent out over 100 flier/resumes to different companies and haven't had one call. Any suggestions?

Reply by SDgirl on 7/23/05 3:43pm
Msg #54162

What part of CA are you located?

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/23/05 4:32pm
Msg #54173

How many companies have you signed up. Take a break when it is over 200 at least. Check this and other website for positive responses.

Reply by melody on 7/23/05 6:17pm
Msg #54180

I appreicate you giving this information out as a first time Notary. I am a first time Notary also, and experiencing the same difficulty you are in obtaining business. I guess we need to just ocntinue to be positive and advertise, advertise, advertise. Thanks, Melody.

Reply by AnneSoCa on 7/23/05 6:39pm
Msg #54182

I think it takes a while to get the first call. If you don't have connections in the real estate industry when you're beginning, it's really difficult. But you'll start getting calls, don't worry.

You should also follow up with the companies you marketed to. Maybe send a postcard (with roses on it!) to remind them who you are?

Good luck! What area of CA are you in?

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/23/05 6:50pm
Msg #54183

As you're brand new, you really shouldn't waste your time or money marketing directly to escrow companies. Focus on signing services and just be prepared to wait and wait and wait for that first call.

Reply by Glena/NV on 7/23/05 7:25pm
Msg #54185

Your goal at this time is to get assignments from signing services. Once you have completed at least 100-200 signings, you can go ahead and market to Ecrow, Title and lending companies...not now. No one will hire you at that level if you do not have experience or if you have very little experience. You also do not want to loose their accounts once they start using you, so get some experience first.

Listing directories like NotaryRotary.com, SigningAgent.com, GoMobileNotary.com and 123Notary.com have list of companies that you can contact...sign up with those companies and don't stop until you have started receiving orders.

NotaryRotary.com, SigningAgent.com, GoMobileNotary.com and 123Notary.com are just directories. Companies might hire you from there, but they might not, since you have no experience yet...contact the companies and apply directly. There are signing service companies that will hire you even if you are just starting...be prepared and don't accept anything less than $65. Even for starters, that fee is not enough.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 7/23/05 11:50pm
Msg #54206

Jan
I teach for www.notaryrotary.com and I have a couple of questions?

Have you phoned all the companies you signed up and we teach what the other posters have suggested; don't go after Title/Escrow Companies untill you have many signings under your belt. Also you must put up a profile for anyone to call you from the advertising sites: www.notaryrotary.com etc.

Email me and I will take a look at the profile you have placed on the Advertising sites and perhaps I can help you?

Reply by kynotary on 7/24/05 10:53am
Msg #54238

Wow, I am in kentucky and figured that I had the problems with getting business when I first started, but just started in may and have done about 20-25 signings already. I did what everyone on this post said to do and listed my profile and the calls just started coming. I am now turning away business because I am an appraiser too and those come first, but it is pretty flexible to be able to do closings that way to fill in the open days. Anyway Jan, everyone here is telling you right, just keep filling out the applications and signing up with companies, I just sign up with everyone as I get time, whether they are title companies or signing companies and I get calls from both, but I am in a rural area and there are not many notary signing agents in this area yet, but am considering hiring and training some to take the ones that I am not able to handle, but am going to check to see if these companies would actually let me turn them over to these other notaries if I could not handle them first.

NOTE: If there are any Kentucky Notaries here from the I-64 corridor between Ashland and Lexington that would like to work with me on this, I would be happy to share some work that I am not able to handle, you can email me at ed41143 @ yahoo.com. I cover approx. 25 counties, basically the ones that I cover for appraisal work between Ashland and Lexington.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/24/05 8:57pm
Msg #54392

I'm here in Santa Clarita, Ca.....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.