Notary Rotary
first signing
Notary Discussion History

first signing
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jan Marshall on 7/27/05 4:57pm
Msg #55181

first signing

I had my first two signings this week (finally!). It was from a signing company and they sent two sets of loans via email, those I printed out no problem. And the last set, were pre escrow docs, sent via fax. On the cover sheet they requested the signings be in blue ink, no problem and then they wanted "signatures only" on the set of pre escrow docs "no dates" and then "THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT" typed after that. Fearing they were asking me to "backdate something" I placed a call to a fellow notary. She said that that happens often. My question is why would they not want dates on some things? Nothing in that set had to be notarized. And then on some of the pages there were two lines that said "witness". I guess I could or didn't have to witness those. I looked it up in my book and it said you can witness (unless in Louisiana). It's 3pm, the following day, if I don't hear from anyone before the weekend, I'll assume everything was ok. And I sent an invoice out this morning.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/27/05 5:05pm
Msg #55183

Those undated docs most probably were preliminary disclosures for the broker's file. This happen quite often when the borrower forgot or didn't send back earlier. It's up to the borrowers if they want to date or not as long as there is no notarization needed.

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/27/05 5:05pm
Msg #55184

Some packages come with a set of "RESPA's" (Real Estate Settltment Procedures Act) These docs include an application, preliminary TIL, GFE and various, sundry forms. They could be back dated or not dated at all.....doesn't matter b/c they usually are dated the date the bwrs actually applied for their mortgage. Since you don't have to notarize them, in most cases not even witness them, it's perfectly o.k. and above board for you to have these signed 'as is'.
Hope this helps.

Reply by jan-ca on 7/27/05 7:27pm
Msg #55202

Thanks so much

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.