loan doc question
Notary Discussion History

loan doc question
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 10:38pm
Msg #49954

loan doc question

HI CA here

If the names of a husband and wife are already typed on a certificate, but only the husband was there to sign, what should I do? Cross the wifes name out? Not do it?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/5/05 10:46pm
Msg #49956

Cross out thewife's name on the certificate and initial it.

Reply by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 10:48pm
Msg #49957

thanks

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/5/05 10:50pm
Msg #49960

You are welcomeSmiley

And if you have to fill in the name on any of the certificate add "ONLY" to the name, so they cannot add the wife's name to your certificate later.

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/5/05 11:15pm
Msg #49964

Re: To Sylvia

These questions are on a test from a SS.

Reply by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 11:16pm
Msg #49966

And she was quite helpful, and added some additional info.....Thanks Silvia

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/5/05 11:46pm
Msg #49979

George
I really wouldn't have answered if I knew it was for a SS test. They are testing you to see how much you know, so it isn't fair to ask others to give you the answers.
But, a lot of SS read this board so will probably see your questions and know that you did not know the answers, so it may not have helped you at all.

One of the reasons I question signing agents I am hiring for the first time on the phone instead of a "written test" I need to know they are knowledgable. I see too many signing agents on here and other boards asking the basic questions that they should know the answers to if they have done any research at all.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.