Notary Rotary
lost a job
Notary Discussion History

lost a job
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by jan-ca on 7/29/05 12:19am
Msg #55547

lost a job

Got a call today from a ss. Long story short, I lost the signing since I wasn't able to print out the loan package coming from dynamicdocs,,,I guess my printer isn't plc (or something similar) compatible....they had to call another agent. I just bought this printer, a Canon MF3111, any suggestions on what kind of printer I should get that will work for printing all kinds of doc? I did have the Brother MFC 5-in-1,,,that didn't work with my efax....oh well, I hope I don't have to lose too many more jobs cuz o technology.

Reply by jan-ca on 7/29/05 12:20am
Msg #55548

It was 5 star signing. Anyone ever hear of them?

Reply by Adams_CA on 7/29/05 12:26am
Msg #55552

I did a signing for Five Star a couple of weeks ago (if it's the one based in Sacramento). Nice folks. Haven't been paid yet, but it's still very early, so I'm not worried. I read a couple of positive reviews and they paid well. Regarding DynamicDocs, I don't use the built-in print utility. I "View Package," which opens the documents in a PDF viewer, then save a copy to my hard drive and print from there. If you still have access, try that just for your future reference.

Reply by Adams_CA on 7/29/05 12:28am
Msg #55553

Oops; that's DynamicDox.com (n/m)

Reply by jan-ca on 7/29/05 12:29am
Msg #55555

Thanks,,,,I have to get this equipment issue settled, frustrated trying to get it all to work right.

Reply by Kat Ca. on 7/29/05 1:29am
Msg #55560

I have an HP1300 printer and I was able to print Dynamicdocs yesterday.

Reply by Susan/OH on 7/29/05 7:10am
Msg #55577

I also do what the above post does. When I first had to print Dynamicdox sp? it would screw up my printer but when I view the pkg first and then print from there since it makes it a pdf file, I haven't had any problems.

Reply by jan-ca on 7/30/05 12:44am
Msg #55845

That's exactly what I was finally able to do. After losing the signing. Hope they call again. I offered to do a free signing to redeem myself.

Reply by Mike on 7/29/05 12:21am
Msg #55549

HP laser printers n/m

Reply by jan-ca on 7/29/05 12:22am
Msg #55550

Re: HP laser printers n/m

Thanks,,,,

Reply by Glenn on 7/29/05 12:28am
Msg #55554

I am sure you are talking about PCL. It is the type of language that the printer works in. If you get a PCL6 printer, it will handle anything that is thrown your way. My main printer is a Brother 5140 double tray that is real reasonable at staples or tigerdirect.com. You buy the second tray as an accessory. But any printer will work that is a PCL5e or a PCL6. If it does not specify that, then stay away from it. I personally don't care for all in one printers, but that is a personal choice. I also learned early to have a backup printer. Good luck

Reply by jan-ca on 7/29/05 12:30am
Msg #55556

Thanks,,,,

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/29/05 11:58am
Msg #55670

I have the same printer as Glenn, it's a beaut, and it was fairly inexpensive, 2nd tray and all.

Reply by Serina/VT on 7/29/05 6:33am
Msg #55572

Mine isn't PCL either ...

Just let it d/l then use the view package button not the print package button and ..voila! You can print it,

Reply by Yolanda on 7/29/05 12:38pm
Msg #55692

Re: Mine isn't PCL either ...

Call the software company that the lender was trying to send you docs to view and print from (Ex: Swiftview) they should have a program that is compatibable with your printer. I had a problem with my printer and software that a lender sent me, I called the software company the representive told me that the software was not compatiable with my printer and so they emailed me a different software to download and I was able to view and print.......

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.