Notary Rotary
need advice from notarys in virginia
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by jenniferv on 7/21/05 8:04am
Msg #53533

I am new to notary signing. I received my notary commision and I am trying to obtain experience in loan signings. I have been contacted by a company to do a signing knowing that I have never done one before. I don't have a seal or a stamp yet and don't know if I will be able to get one by the time of the signing. It is not a law in VA to have a seal, but i need any advice that is out there.

Jennifer

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/21/05 8:08am
Msg #53534

**It is not a law in VA to have a seal, but i need any advice that is out there.**

Is your question whether or not to do the signing before you get your stamp?

If you'll post with this name Jennifer_VA, and be more specific about exactly what you want to know, you'll probably get better response.

Reply by jennifer_va on 7/21/05 8:22am
Msg #53537

tks for the advice. I actually found a company in my area that will make a seal stamp with my name and exp date of comm by tomorrow. I just want any advice that is out there for doing signings for loan documents that would prevent me from making any mistakes.

Reply by BP_WV on 7/21/05 8:25am
Msg #53538

Have you had any training at all?

Reply by jennifer_va on 7/21/05 8:40am
Msg #53543

no, i told the people that called me that this would be my first signing. i have had no official training. my sister has been doing this in PA with only otj training and is doing very well at it. what kind of training would you reccomend.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 7/21/05 1:06pm
Msg #53614

Jennifer, in Virginia you need not use a stamp or a seal ONLY if the documents stay IN THE STATE. If the documents go out of state they must have the embossed seal on it at the least. I use both stamp and emboss seal on everything anyway.

What part of Virginia are you in?

Reply by jennifer_in_va on 7/22/05 8:07am
Msg #53838

Hi Shannon,

I am in Va BEach. I purchased the ink seal that looks just like the embossed seal and it also contains the exp date of comm. Is this enough for out of state?

jennifer

Reply by Shannon/Va on 7/22/05 5:15pm
Msg #53951

I am in Chesapeake. I also cover VB. I have been doing closing for over 5 years and work for 3 attorneys and have done title searches for 15 years.
Have you every been shown all the documents in a package and what they are? Though we may not be able to give legal advise and explain the terms of loan, you do need to know how to explain the docs as far as what they are and their purpose.

I think that you need the actual embosser. Check your notary handbook. I do not have a current one.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.