Notary Rotary
payment
Notary Discussion History

payment
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by tony, MI on 7/16/05 8:01pm
Msg #52726

payment

As I stated in an earlier post, I'm new at this.
The last job I just got paid $80.00 Fair???
Docs were E-mailed, 112 pages!!!!, made 2 copies, and
they also wanted 2 more certified copies of note, mortgage, etc....
seemed like alot of printing and copying

Did I get ripped or do all right?

Thanks for help,

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/16/05 8:09pm
Msg #52729

Ripped a bit... consider it a learning experience--we've all had 'em. Now, do your homework. Figure out what it actually costs YOU (not me or anyone else--YOU) in expenses--toner, paper, equipment--yep, you will have to replace it some day--and TIME. Now ADD the PROFIT! That's your MINIMUM charge for edocs. Add that to your base fee. There ya' go.

Reply by Lily on 7/16/05 8:34pm
Msg #52734

If this signing was not a far distance...say less than 20 miles, I would have charge $100. plus a $25 e-doc fee. But, as Lee/AR stated, you should figure what you need to make per signing. I've done a couple of signings less than 5 miles from my home for $75. but these docs were overnights, not edocs and no large fax backs. They were also for one of my regular title companies. As I said, that is my fee set up, but I hope it can give you an idea of how to make things work for you.

Reply by kynotary on 7/17/05 11:58am
Msg #52786

I agree with Lily completely. I usually start at $100 including edocs and expand up from their. I don't mind traveling a long way, but do also expect to get paid for both distance and extra time involved. No matter what you charge, you are not going to get all the closings that come your way, but if you do them for nothing, what have you gained, unless you just feel that you still need more education, but I started out with these prices and haven't looked back. Hope this helps.

Reply by Melody on 7/16/05 10:13pm
Msg #52748

If within 5 miles and for an SS, you did fine. ~n/m

Reply by tony on 7/17/05 4:40pm
Msg #52819

Re: If within 5 miles and for an SS, you did fine. ~n/m

Thanks for all the help!

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/18/05 8:22am
Msg #52890

Re: If within 5 miles and for an SS, you did fine. ~n/m

I disagree -- I wouldn't accept $80 for e-docs -- regardless of the distance.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.