Notary Rotary
question regarding california law
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by ralph on 7/12/05 8:09pm
Msg #51421

I did a notary in 2002 in another county. Theses were loan docks for a mortgage company.
Customer wants a copy of my journal faxed to her, but i don't know if this is who i did the notary for. Can i fax this to her without seeing her in person?

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/12/05 8:18pm
Msg #51423

Read 8206 (c). Hope that helps.

Reply by tj_CA on 7/12/05 8:22pm
Msg #51424

Anyone requesting a copy of your journal must do so in writing and provide the following information:

*Name of party
*Type of Document (e.g., Deed of Trust, Power of Attorney)
*Mo/Year of notarization.

If they do not provide that information you may not make a copy for them. If they do provide this to you, you may only charge .30 cents per page for the copies.

The written request then becomes a part of your notarial records and must be held in your custody as long as you are a notary. Once you resign or your notary commission is terminated for other reasons, you must deliver that to the County Clerk along with your journal and other notarial records.

Hope this helps!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 9:07pm
Msg #51435

Re: question regarding California law

And don't forget to cover up all of the other signer's info. from that page Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.