Notary Rotary
signed wrong copies
Notary Discussion History

signed wrong copies
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by aj/ca on 7/16/05 7:51pm
Msg #52722

signed wrong copies

Can anyyone tell me if there would be a problem with borrower signing the copies instead of the originals, especially the DOT. Package had 3 sets of docs for one loan which threw me off and there were numerous problems at the borrower's house, i.e dog didn't want me there, no clean place to sign, disabled borrower who talked the whole time. I had her sign two sets but by the time I realized my error she did not want to sign originals. I made sure to take out all the esctrow instructions and any other docs that should go back to Title co. I was trying to make a 5:00 fed ex p/u and still had to make a copy of her DL which she "didn't get to " Sat so noone to call.

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/16/05 8:00pm
Msg #52723

As long as all the docs are there, there shouldn't be a problem. Many times, we have to switch out a page in the loan docs when the borrowers sign in the wrong place, sor they decided to write all over the docs and make correction to fees, etc. I have had borrowers sign my ACK and had to switch out the last page of the DOT. Don't sweat it, if you checked the package for a complete set. They won't know the difference as long as it isn't one of those sets that say, borrowers copy and lenders copy on the bottom of every page.

Reply by aj/ca on 7/16/05 8:07pm
Msg #52728

Thanks Brian, the originals did seem a little whiter and I don't know if it was my imagination or not but maybe the DOT was on a little thicker paper. The original prelim title report and the payoff statment had a blue stamp for signer. When I switched out title & escrow paperwork, too, it was whiter than the other paperwork. I was thinking just to call on Mon and ask if it will be a problem but I just wanted feedback so I don't have to think of it all weekend. Anyone ever have a problem with this?

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/16/05 8:54pm
Msg #52737

I've had a few where the borrower's copies seem to be a little less clear and paper seems less white, but that is the title company generally. Lender will never know the difference. It is just like on E-docs, we all use different paper. Don't worry.

Reply by aj/ca on 7/16/05 9:02pm
Msg #52738

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of the edocs. I guess i was just being overly worried. Thanks for helping me fell at ease, Brian.

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 7/17/05 1:29pm
Msg #52802

If she didn't get around to it you can often tell them that they are responsible for getting the copy to the lender and by not providing it their loan may be delayed. I usually tell them this in advance when I confirm the appointment. This will usually get them motivated to make that copy.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/18/05 8:28am
Msg #52891

Re: Drivers license

**I was trying to make a 5:00 fed ex p/u and still had to make a copy of her DL which she "didn't get to"**

In my initial call, I always tell borrower(s) to make copy of drivers license in my initial call. If they "didn't get to it" it's not my responsibility to make it myself.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.