Notary Rotary
signing
Notary Discussion History

signing
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/23/05 2:29pm
Msg #54147

signing

I did my first signing on wednesday. still nervous-thinking nelly,from mobile service, is going to call me back and tell me i messed up. She thought twice about assigning the singing to me since I am new at this.
any words of encouragement.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/23/05 2:36pm
Msg #54148

I'm still nervous in the signings I do sometimes, even after performing well over a thousand as an employee... being on my own is nervous making.

About the most encouraging I can be is to say Wednesday is over now -- the signing is done, to the best of your ability, come what may. Time enough to worry about messing up if and when you get a call. No guarantees you will!

Now, move on to the next one! Each one builds up new skills and confidences. And now, you don't have to say you're totally new anymore.

Good job, 'nelly'!

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/23/05 3:29pm
Msg #54152

You would have heard something by Friday already had there been an error on your part. Mobile Signing Service is a good SS to work with b/c they pay within 30 days/less. Rochelle, Nelly and Edrene are good to work with and they will call again if you've done well for them.

I hope it wasn't a WMC package for your first b/c it's huge (sometimes confusing) and somewhat like Ameriquest. WMC required a loose certificate to be attached to the DOT.

Reply by PW california on 7/23/05 3:42pm
Msg #54161

I am also having a little anxiety. Are the compainies you work for giving clear instructions as to what needs completed in your package besides signatures, I am doing a signing that has boxes that are not checked on tax information authorization forms. Should I be making sure all forms are totally complete or just makeing sure everything is signed and notarized and initialed?

Reply by Glena/NV on 7/23/05 7:35pm
Msg #54188

You leave the Tax Information alone...not for you to

complete...they do not sign that page also. There are instructions sometimes, but most times there's none. Just watch out for initials, signatures, notarizations. Review the documents before you leave your house and make extra copy of the ones you are not sure of. That way, if you are not sure whether the borrower has to sign it or not, you can have them sign one and leave the other unsigned. Unless you can get a hold of the SS for answers to your questions, this is the second best thing that you can do to cover yourself. It also lessens your chances oc going back if the document does need a signature. Do not forget to review the documents again before you leave the signing table...it reduces the chance for errors.

Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.