Notary Rotary
sox
Notary Discussion History

sox
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by tnotary on 7/11/05 11:20am
Msg #50946

sox

just got a call from sox. they offered to pay me 100.00 for a signing two minues from my house. Has anyone had a good experience with them? I know there are a lot of bad experiences,(too many to count)!! Yet they are still around! Has ANYONE had a good experience with them????

Reply by Anon on 7/11/05 11:24am
Msg #50948

NO!

Reply by mes/IL on 7/11/05 5:07pm
Msg #51037

After reading all of the terrible posts regarding SOX,I made the decision to not take any closings with them.They have called me numerous times in the past 4 weeks and I have not accepted any closings with them.I do wonder how they stay in business with so many notaries constantly turning them down...They also offered $100 or more for the signings,but I'd rather take a $50 singing that I know I will get paid for then to accept the SOX jobs.I also wonder if there is anyone out there who has had an okay experience w/them and gotten paid in a timely manner??

Reply by Anonymous on 7/11/05 11:26am
Msg #50949

There is absolutely no way I would ever do any work for Sign on the X, if this is the company you are referring to. It took over 3 months for me to get payment out of them and that was mainly because I started calling a no less than 3 times a day and sending emails. I wanted my money so I was persistent. When they initially hired me the company was called SignaturesPlus (which is the name they are doing business as). If I had known this the first and only assignment I accepted would have been declined. They still have the nerve to call me for work from time to time. NEVER AGAIN!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/11/05 11:31am
Msg #50950

Have you used the search feature on this company. There is almost a new thread every single week on this company reguarding non-payment issues. Why anyone would even consider working for them is beyond me.

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/11/05 11:58am
Msg #50955

There have been numerous posts on this and other boards for a long period of time warning about SOX. Anyone who chooses to ignore all the warnings and still do work for them, deserves what they get.

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 7/11/05 12:35pm
Msg #50958

Don't do it, you will never get your money

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/11/05 2:42pm
Msg #51003

People have been complaining about SOX since this board went into existence. The second post archived on this board is about SOX.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/11/05 12:35pm
Msg #50959

No offense meant, but are you SURE that ...

... Sign On The X and SignaturesPlus are the same company? Thank you!

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/11/05 6:29pm
Msg #51057

Re: No offense meant, but are you SURE that ...

I will service ANY company that includes my check with their package. Until, that is, the check comes back NSF. But whenever dealing with a questionable company, I always ask for payment in advance. Maybe if sox is desperate, they'll do it.

Reply by BP_WV on 7/12/05 12:04am
Msg #51132

I did a signing for them in March and was paid in April. I guess I was too expensive because they have'nt called me back since. I guess the only reason I was paid in a timely manner was because there was an attorney involved.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.