Notary Rotary
the initial signing up process....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CekimonCA on 7/8/05 12:22pm
Msg #50580

I know this board isn't the friendliest with newbies so if you don't like my question, please don't flame... it's an honest question. i've been reading this board a lot and i keep reading the advice to sign up with atleast 200 signing companies, even more. obviously, that many are out there, or else, this advice wouldn't be out there. but i'm having a hard time finding them all. i think i've signed up for around 30-50 at this point and my resources are seeming to start to go dry. i see a huge list on notaryrotary.com but i haven't upgraded my membership to see all the contact information. would anyone say that upgrading is worth it? google seems to get me all the same places i've signed up with or looked at. some companies i've also found want you to have a certain amount of signings before they will accept your application.
so is that upgrade really worth it and how exactly do you find that many companies to sign on with? i don't have a problem spending the time to do it... but i just feel like the well is starting to run dry... any advice would be appreciated.

Reply by Calnotary on 7/8/05 12:27pm
Msg #50581

All depends where in CA are you located at? Probably too much competition.

Reply by kellieco on 7/8/05 1:04pm
Msg #50587

I'm also pretty new. But I found the best site. Try fallguyiii.com

Reply by Anonymous on 7/8/05 3:01pm
Msg #50640

I'm a Premier member and I believe the membership is well worth it. The companies listed on the Signing Service tab have been somewhat sanitized so you don't have to worry about signing up with a deatbeat company. Also, all of the contact information is readily available in one convenient place. (Hotlink to company's web-page and/or e-mail address.)
The list on fallguyii is not sanitized so you run the risk of signing up with someone that you might later regret. (Slow pay, no pay or just a big PITA).

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 7/8/05 4:36pm
Msg #50656

I'm also a premier member and when I get a call for a signing for someone new, they tell me they got my off this site. It's definitely worth the money.

Reply by Teresa Welter on 7/8/05 5:31pm
Msg #50662

I too am new. I have an opinion on notary rotary and fallguyiii.com. I have only signed up with about 10-15 so far because it is extremely time consuming (I am also just starting a job as a Real Estate Agent, so trying to do both is taking time). I signed up for premier account on July 3rd (yes, holiday weekend) and chose to pay with paypal. Well, that was a mistake. Because here it is Friday, and I am still not being shown as a premier member. Apparently, they are playing "catch up" and paypal takes longer. However, when it finally is taken care of, I have no doubt that it will be worth it. I refinanced on the 23rd of June and the mortgage company got the notary off of this site.

As far as fallguyiii.com goes, I have been doing most of my signing up through that website. It has links to signing companies for every letter of the alphabet. I haven't even made it to the "B's" yet. Some of the links don't work for what we are trying to accomplish, but most do. As far as what they pay, some of them are cheap. Some of them ask you to tell them what you charge. And some of them don't say. I know that the more experienced notaries advise not to accept a signing for less than $75. But I am not sure how I feel about that.

I kind of look at it two ways. I see where they are coming from. If we accept them then that is what the company is going to continue paying. That is bad for everyone. But on the other hand, for us people that are new, we are really wanting some experience. With experience comes the ability to not settle for less. So I side with both opinions. I as of now have only had two calls and both had to be turned down. The first was while I was on vacation (literally, I was camping in the boonies and my cell phone rang for a signing) and the second was for a weekend and I am not yet set up for e-docs (still trying to select a machine) and I am in a rural area where apparently there is no Saturday courier service!

Anyway, that is my two cents worth. And it probably isn't even worth that. But I can relate to situation, so I thought I woud reply.

Have a great day!

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 7/8/05 6:09pm
Msg #50663

Re: the initial signing up process....Worth It-Bigtime. n/m

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/8/05 9:35pm
Msg #50684

NotRot is well worth it...

and, for those who dislike the NNA, I've gotten a lot of response from my listing there (to date more than NotRot, but I like this forum here Smiley)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.