Notary Rotary
what is up with...
Notary Discussion History

what is up with...
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Notary4U on 7/7/05 2:43pm
Msg #50339

what is up with...

UPS and them making SO many mistakes and billing the wrong people. I just got off the phone with them because I don't have a C.C. with them anymore (closed that acct. when I got married) anyway, they just called and said that they couldn't charge me card and I said that they shouldn't be, I don't make any charges on my UPS acct. I then asked him to give me the date, looked it up, had the senders copy and proceeded to tell him to look at the billing code number on the label and tell me what it reads. He was confused and didn't know what to say. I told him I'm hearing a lot of people tell me they are having problems with UPS and charging the wrong entity and he didn't know what to say.

Wonder if they are short some cash for something and figure charge a bunch of people for a bit, rake in the dollars, get the interest for 30 days until the statements come out and then refund the mistakes. BUT, they keep the interest that the dollars made. Could be a good way to make some extra cash....hmmmm...

I'm kidding but it just seems like I've heard about it a lot lately.

Reply by Cris_AR on 7/7/05 3:52pm
Msg #50353

Closed my account just last week for that very reason.
I paid a couple because is takes forever to get someone on the phone to correct.

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/7/05 4:01pm
Msg #50356

If you're returning packages to Title companies, put their name and address in the senders as well as the receivers block.

Reply by KP on 7/7/05 10:07pm
Msg #50447

Or, perhaps the SS. I worked for one who wanted their address as the return.

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/7/05 3:59pm
Msg #50355

You did hear that .... OT (?)

You did hear that FedEx had merged with UPS? Now they're called "Fed Up," so maybe they're just passing it on to their customers!

(J/K!! -- okay, it's a really old one, but it seemed appropriate here.)

Seriously, just trying to lighten the mood a bit and I sincerely hope you get your problems ironed out quickly. Smiley

Reply by HisHughness on 7/7/05 5:12pm
Msg #50376

Re: You did hear that .... OT (?)

Didn't hear about the FedEx/UPS merger. However, the largest grocery chain in Texas is H.E.B., so named after the parent company, H.E. Butt Inc. We also are national headquarters for Whole Foods, a fresh foods grocery. They were contemplating merger here awhile back, until somebody realized their new corporate name would be H.E.Butt Whole Foods. The report is that the name, though unfortunate, was tolerable. The problem was that nobody could come up with a logo.

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/7/05 8:23pm
Msg #50409

Re: You did hear that .... OT (?)

ummm.... how about two lovely honeydew melons 'kissing' ... with some bunches of grapes and cherries scattered artistically about? lol

(eeeps! did <I> say that?!!!)

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/8/05 4:42am
Msg #50520

You must have heard that ...

Stop&Shop and A&P are going to merge. Yes, it'd be called ....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.