Notary Rotary
wouldn't it be nice...
Notary Discussion History

wouldn't it be nice...
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 7/8/05 10:26am
Msg #50553

wouldn't it be nice...

if the companies would call us first and set up a closing time? I was just thinking (after calling to confirm) about this apt. It was canceled after I printed docs. No one told me, I called the borrower and found out. Now, she was very open to a time for a reschedule, and we agreed to next week and the time was good for both of us. I've also have had instances where the borrower was not happy with the time they were 'given' for the closing. Why can't they just call us? That way we can accept everything that comes our way, instead of saying "oh, I wish it was an hour later so I could make it" then have the SS say "oh well, sorry." click

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/8/05 10:31am
Msg #50555

I agree Charm. Send US the docs and let US set the appointment time.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 7/8/05 11:16am
Msg #50563

Not only would it be nice, it would give us some lead time to print the docs so we don't have to be rushed or late!

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/8/05 11:30am
Msg #50569

I have two SS's that pretty much give me a 2-day window to schedule the signing appt. and then advise them of date and time. Additionally, these docs are always ready when they initially call me, and then docs are FedEx'd that night for next morning delivery to me.

Reply by Serina/VT on 7/8/05 12:02pm
Msg #50574

Yep, I work with quite a few companies that leave it up to me to schedule the time. Of course, that also is dependant on when I get the doc's. I've also been in the position quite often to be the one advising the lender that the hubby is out of state for 3 days and CAN'T sign.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/8/05 12:22pm
Msg #50579

I've had a few LSI's that gave me open times this week and o nt'd the docs. Would be nice to see more do that Smiley

Reply by christisocal on 7/8/05 1:20pm
Msg #50594

YES, it would!!!

I have a couple that let me do that, but most want to do it themselves, but I can't tell you how many borrowers don't like the time set up. Last months eom friday I got a call for that night 7:00, called to confirm- borrowers had been told next week! I told them I had been told that night so they changed their plans for the appt, of course docs never came. Ended up doing the signing on mon. Other times I've called to confirm only to find out the borrowers had said a totally different time arrrrggggg. It would be so much easier if thay just said it has to be done on this day, take care of it....

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/8/05 1:29pm
Msg #50597

Re: YES, it would!!!

I don't like it when you call to "confirm" the appointment only to have the borrowers tell you that they knew nothing about it. Sometimes they can't adjust thier schedules due to doctors appointments and such.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/8/05 2:02pm
Msg #50615

beat this! I got a pkg from FedEx I knew nothing about lol so I called the company and they said "oh we assigned that to you" I asked when? He said "ummmm...how about now?"

Reply by Liz on 7/8/05 7:20pm
Msg #50669

Even as a signing service, I agree. We do not set times, the title company, or lender does. When we get an open appt time, we love letting the notary set the time. Unfortunately, we get so many calls from title companies on the open appts a day after it is assigned saying, "the borrower hasnt heard from the notary..." that is terrible, because then they wont give us open times anymore.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 7/8/05 7:27pm
Msg #50670

We closed on our refi last month. The title company called us a week a head of time to set the appointment. The Notary did not call to confirm until 11:00am the day of and was 30 minutes late showing up and did not call to say he would be late.

Reply by christisocal on 7/8/05 11:32pm
Msg #50705

Thats terrible. Sounds like a few are messing it up for the rest of us again. : (

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.