Notary Rotary
123 Notary-gotta read this
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/20/05 10:03pm
Msg #46329

I paid an amt of $$$ to have my name on 123 Notary site to get referrals. Please read below and give me your opinion as to what he is saying. Thanks in advance

123notary.com has added new placement options to further meet the needs of our notaries. Due to popular demand we added a 2nd, 3rd place in the past, and also a 4th and 5th place as of several days ago.

We are letting you know this because many people have a "Preferential" listing which does not guarantee exact placement but does guarantee you to be placed above the regular listings. Some people with preferential placement might be "Displaced" ( meaning that another notary might suddenly appear higher than them in the search results ) by those purchasing the top five fixed places. We want to make sure that you have been informed so that if someone surpasses you in the search results, you don't feel that you were displaced due to a lack of information being disclosed to you. So, we are giving you the opportunity to "lock in" your placement so that you don't face the chance of getting upset in the future should your positioning be affected. You are free to upgrade your listing at any time at a prorated fee based on the price of the upgrade divided by (12) and then multiplied by the number of months you have remaining before your renewal is due.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/20/05 10:26pm
Msg #46334

Re: 123 Notary-gotta read this-nice...NOT

That is why that site has always been a ripe off. They change things to make more and more money and it's not what you started out paying for. But for the suckers who keep paying...ha!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/20/05 10:55pm
Msg #46354

Well, I guess I am a "sucker" as I pay for a listing there. But I get quite a bit of work from my listing. Last week I had 3 new to me Title companies call me because of my listing there, so it pays for me to keep my listing. Also I get a lot of regular notary work and weddings through 123notary.

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/20/05 10:57pm
Msg #46355

This looks like a play on search engine listings. Google and others have a system where you pay per click. The more you are williing to pay per click, the higher you will be on the "sponsored by" link.
No thanks, I think I'll just renew my membership here....

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/21/05 12:50am
Msg #46385

**I think I'll just renew my membership here**

Everyone seems to mention that they have had such good luck with their listing here. Not me! Anyone care to look at my profile? Please LMK what you think. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/21/05 1:14am
Msg #46388

Since, you asked us to look and tell, ...

... here's just one person's opinion.

First, you're in an area saturated with notaries! Especially Notary Signing Agents. Blame the people who advertise courses implying that NSAs make tons of money weekly.

Second, nice photo! That's the opinion of a male who understands why you don't want your address listed. Not sure whether the photo is helping you or hurting you.

Third, there is a lot of stuff to wade through in the Comments section. If you have a Web Site, that verbage belongs on it. For your Profile, however, it seems like too much. Some things, such as real estate/loan signings seem redundant. I fall into the "less is more" category.

Have you checked out other people's Profiles?r You don't want to have a cookie-cutter Profile, but it looks to me as if other Profiles have terse text.

Best of luck!

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/21/05 1:14am
Msg #46389

I just looked at your ad. I think you might be giving them too much to read. People do not generally like to read much information regarding a notary. Perhaps just mention # of loans you signed, affiliations with professional organizations, services you provide, availability, etc. I recommend keeping it simple. Alos, SS like to have all information at a click, including the address, but I understand if you do not want it on a website.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/21/05 2:38am
Msg #46399

Re: Profile

Just a few suggestions... I don't think your profile is bad at all... but I do think that in the saturated San Diego market you will have to find something to set yourself apart.

I would use some words that would make you stand out in the 'more affluent market' of San Diego. I would also try to stick something in there about discreet. (When I lived in San Diego, my neighbor insisted on a Notary more than 100 miles away from her when she refinanced and she didn't care how much it cost her. She didn't want anybody to know how much money her husband made.)

Highly Educated
Corporate Background
Superior Service
Fast
Accurate
Meticulous
Professional
Exceptional Closing Skills

.... experienced professional
.... meticulous regard for accuracy
.... absolute discretion
.... I will conduct your business with complete discretion and absolute accuracy
.... extremely knowledgeable

As I said, I don't think the profile you have is bad... I do think it has a little too much info. I wouldn't put details in there about things that an exerienced professional in this industry is expected to have anyway. (Like the printer stuff or E-Doc programs). You have a small typo in it as well. I can't remember the word now but I would definately fix that.

Love the pic... what a cutie!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/21/05 9:44am
Msg #46458

Re: Profile

Just to clear up any confusion... I don't recommend sticking all that stuff that I wrote in your profile. I was just throwing ideas of phrases and words out there since you wanted opinions.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/21/05 2:40am
Msg #46400

The word 'available' in the last line... n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/21/05 7:57am
Msg #46427

sam...

I think you have way too much information...I get tons of calls from this site. I think my profile is simple and to the point...whatcha think?

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/21/05 10:03am
Msg #46478

Re: sam...

Since 1993 I've been using Jay Contrad Levinson's Geurrilla Marketing "series" books as my marketing bibles. One of the biggest strategies he emphasizes is "Increase the length of your copy. If the information is easy to read and useful, hot prospects will love every word. Guerrillas sell more when they tell more."

His Golden Rule #15 "Emphasize the meat and potatoes of your offering rather than the plate upon which they're served."

And as for credibility, he states "Create a path of least resistance to the sale by paving the path with credibility."

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/21/05 10:05am
Msg #46480

Re: oops -- Jay Conrad Levinson n/m

Reply by missy_socal on 6/21/05 9:24am
Msg #46449

Sam,

I think that it might have more to do with the So Cal saturation, than with your profile. It took me a few months after updating to premier to get my first call from my NotRot profile. Once I did, then it seemed to kick in...I continued to get calls.

I wish that we could use minor html tags to break up the information in our profile. It would make it a little easier to read. Maybe you could just thin out your information a bit. Put it into easily digested bits for the eyes.

By the way, I decided to remove my address from my profile as well. It just began to make me uncomfortable.
If a company calls, they'll either ask to be invoiced, or ask for our mailing address anyway. I can't think that it would affect someone's decision to use a particular SA or not.

Reply by anonymous on 6/21/05 11:50am
Msg #46513

Sam since you asked, less is more, "simplify" make it an easy read on the eyes!!!!!! Good luck!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/21/05 10:41pm
Msg #46685

profile edited with your help

Thanks to everyone who gave input on my profile. I decided to display my address for now. Since I have not yet had anyone say they found me on NotRot, I don't think it should be a problem.

I also took out some chunks of text. I think the key thing I learned from you guys was that the text itself was okay (except that typo) but that there was just so much it was hard to read. Thanks for your critiques!

Reply by Dee-FL on 6/21/05 7:25am
Msg #46421

Sounds like ebay...Almost like he wants you to bid for a top spot...continuously through your agreement term. I'd stay away. Sounds like the more money you pay the higher you'll be on "the list".

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/21/05 7:38am
Msg #46425

You've gotta determine how much biz you get from your listing. I get a lot of biz from the site, not just for signings, but for general notarizations, as well. Therefore, for me, it's worth the listing.

Reply by Glena/NV on 6/21/05 9:36am
Msg #46453

123Notary is worth it for me. So is Notary Rotary...they

are tops on my list. 123Notary is the first followed by Notary Rotary. I would not be successful in this business without them. The amount I paid is worth it.

Reply by anonymous on 6/21/05 11:49am
Msg #46512

Seems to be a great way to make more money for the signing service....but if one gets calls from this service, I'd spend the bucks. I think one must weigh each situation out for themselves.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 6/21/05 1:45pm
Msg #46532

123 may be expensive, but I will be renewing you can count on that. I pay for to sites, this one, and 123. I get 20 times more business through 123 it is well worth the money in my book. I am curious about the statement posted at the start of the thread though.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.