Notary Rotary
Are some companies MISsing it?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca/FL on 6/27/05 10:53pm
Msg #48358

IMEDIATELY fax back...blah, blah, blah...OR we will deduct $50 from your fee...yada, yada, yada.

OKAY! How 'bout this? I won't charge you $50 per hour waiting on your late docs if you don't penalize me for running late and NOT having the time to fulfill your schedule.

Double standard???

Reply by MI_Notary on 6/27/05 11:08pm
Msg #48361

The other thing they request is that they package is returned to them or the title co., etc. the very next day but yet they want you to do the closing (generally an 1/2 hour to hour away), drive all the way home to fax a millon documents back to them for review and then drive all the way back to drop the package (after you get the ok to drop). I must be missing something because I live in the middle of no where and this just isn't happening or at least not in the time frame they generally request. If these companies wouldn't require the fax backs I could just drop the package on my way home and as long as it was not a late signing, no prob the docs would be back to where they needed to go and within the time range requested. You would think after a couple error free closings this wouldn't be necessary. Anyway, my venting for the night. Thanks in advance for listening.

Reply by hcampersFL on 6/27/05 11:14pm
Msg #48366

I will review the doc's 3 or 4 times and then when I go to the UPS/FEDEX store I will make copies of what I have to fax back. Then when I get home I can fax and send tracking # etc. This saves me time and gas. The closest place for me to ship from is 15 miles from my house.
b.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 6/28/05 1:31am
Msg #48389

Message intended for hcampersFL.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/28/05 12:25am
Msg #48385

I understand just where you are coming from. There is too much stress in trying to get the docs faxed back, especially if there is a lot of them. You want to make sure everything is back in the right place in the package, if it's late at night; like it always is. I am stressed. Then I have to get up in the morning and make sure I get to Fed X before I go to work. If the signing could be earlier in the evening I could send the package back at night. That would be a big help. But like you say the Doc's are always late.

Reply by DonnanorthernCA on 6/28/05 12:52am
Msg #48387

They don't pay enough for me to spend money on copies.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 6/28/05 1:29am
Msg #48388

For MI_Notary: Since I live in a rural area I have to do the same as others listed here with regard to second trip to town the next day to Fed Ex. Good idea to copy and drop the same night! I'm also 10-15 miles from town.

Reply by Charles_CA on 6/28/05 1:58am
Msg #48392

The reason that this happens is because many of these companies are trying to cut prices and corners and they are getting low quality results as the prices go down. But it seems that some notaries are eating the cost of faxing these multiple copies just to get the work.

Reply by hcampers/fl on 6/28/05 10:28am
Msg #48437

Well when I have made the copies it hasn't ever cost me over .75 cents. that more that covers what I would be spending on an extra trip back in the morning in gas.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.