Notary Rotary
Brother HL-5150
Notary Discussion History

Brother HL-5150
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by ms on 6/30/05 1:30am
Msg #48948

Brother HL-5150

Do I need to purchase the extra tray for this printer to have the ability to print between Letter and Legal paper.

For example.....

If I want to print a loan package that has both letter and legal papers in it, can I put letter size paper in the 50-sheet Multipurpose Tray and legal size paper in the 250 Sheet Tray and the printer will be able to distinguish which tray to draw from?

....OR is this what the other 250 Page Tray is used/required for? (Brother HL-5150DTL)

ANY help with this would be MORE than appreciated..thanks to all.

Reply by db_IL on 6/30/05 10:04am
Msg #48998

Yes, you need a separate tray for each paper size. Printer cannot switch sizes using only one tray. HL-5150 D(uplexer) L(ower) T(ray) is what you'd need. Multi-purpose tray has priority, thus any paper resting there will usually be used first before other trays of paper. At least this is my experience.

Perhaps some more techno-savvy SA's can chime in . . . and here's PAW!

Reply by Sharon Munday on 6/30/05 10:43am
Msg #49007

Yes you do need the xtra tray. I have the HL5150DLT and it works fine when detecting when to change from letter size paper to legal size paper I just set it for Auto Select. Just make sure to tell the printer using the Printing Preference and go to First Page: Auto Select and other pages: Same as First page. Some SS have asked me if my printer has the dual trays, its helped get assignments in some cases. Anyway.. good luck! I love my Brother HL515DLT. I also have a little Samsugn ML1740 I use in my car when I'm out in the field printing documents. Yep print them right out of my car!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.