Notary Rotary
Commercial Docs
Notary Discussion History

Commercial Docs
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Megan on 6/25/05 1:05am
Msg #47664

Commercial Docs

Does anyone know anything about commercial docs. I am trying to find out approx. how long they take to sign and what notaries charge to do them.

Reply by Ted_MI on 6/25/05 6:09am
Msg #47676

Megan,

You might want to do a search, as I know this issue has been "visited" before. As an overview, I recollect reading that commercial closings are pretty complex and often times are handled by attorneys (even in non-attorney states).

Reply by Megan on 6/25/05 11:11am
Msg #47711

Thanks

Reply by TitleGalCA on 6/25/05 1:47pm
Msg #47747

They can be very complex and generally the parties are knowledgeable, experienced investors that don't require a signing agent to explain or go over disclosure documents. Most parties in a commercial transaction have been in ongoing communication and negotiation with their lenders, brokers and attorneys, and by the time docs have been drafted-reviewed, re-drafted and re-reviewed (ad infinitum) and the final set of docs are ready to be signed, many docs are signed in counterparts and notarized by notaries in their own office. Other times, an experienced commercial escrow officer (or attorney) conducts the closing. It varies as to the dollar amount of the transaction and the experience level of the parties.

I suppose it's not impossible for a mobile notary to be called to notarize, but unlikely as title companies have plenty of notaries in their office.

Reply by Megan on 6/25/05 6:19pm
Msg #47796

I have a job offer with this company. I am trying to find out more before I accept it. Thanks for your help.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.