Notary Discussion History

Dates
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/10/05 8:26am
Msg #43749

Dates

Hi
everyone,
I did a closing a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday I received a phone call from the attorney's office to let me know that the mortgage company lost the loan paperwork, and a new closing needed to be done. So I am suppost to do a new signing today. However the problem I have is that they want me to have all new paperwork signed with the original date of the first set of paperwork. My questions to you is should I be doing this? Should I notarize documents with the May 20 th date, or let them know I will only do the closing if I use today's date, even though they lost original paperwork. Please advise.
Thanks

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/10/05 8:31am
Msg #43750

Cardinal sin, also illegal....never backdate. The date needs to be the very date you and the borrowers sign. What they are doing is asking you to commit a crime and can lose your commission. It's not your problem that they lost the paperwork, but I'm sure they want to cover their own butts.

Reply by Ana Camara on 6/10/05 9:09am
Msg #43755

Thanks for the response. I spoke to the SS and they said that the loan has been funded. Client has received the funds for it already, So it is really so they can have original paperwork. Do you guys by that!!
I really don't know what to do.

Reply by Dave_CA on 6/10/05 9:11am
Msg #43756

Charm has it exactly right but, just for fun, ask the attorney to put your instructions in writing.
He won't and even if he did you still must not backdate.

Reply by ColleenCA on 6/10/05 9:30am
Msg #43758

Re: How could the loan have funded

without the paperwork?

Reply by Ana Camara on 6/10/05 9:34am
Msg #43761

The SS said that they had sent all paperwork to the mortgage company, they had the paperwork, and after the 3 day RP, the client received the funds, however after that the paperwork was lost, so they need new paperwork, because they need original signatures.

Reply by anon on 6/10/05 9:42am
Msg #43762

You go ahead and do it all over again girl! But of course charge them again!

Reply by Ana Camara on 6/10/05 9:57am
Msg #43763

Thanks for all your guys help!!!
I appreciated.
Ana

Reply by Jenni on 6/10/05 2:15pm
Msg #43828

The lawyer asked you to do this? Get it in writing, then say NO!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.