Notary Rotary
Dates on docs show 6/24 & 6/25....I signed everything 6/24
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Mysti_FL on 6/27/05 2:06pm
Msg #48194

Now I am being advised I must go back to have everything signed the 25th and that the title company will not reimburse the agency because it was my fault that I signed incorrect date!

Here's the story:

They claim on the June 24th I signed with June 24th but docs show June 25th. They advised I would have to go back for new signatures even though title company will not repay for this one (for me to go back out for correct signature date). Claims red flag went up when the TIL showed 6/25/04 and someone crossed it out and changed it to 6/24/05!!!!

Then, he just sent me password to get in again.....guess what..........docs are dated some on the 25th and some on the 24th (signing was the 24th)........but mortgage was dated 6/25/05........

Am I wrong to be furious?

Mysti

Reply by Art_MD on 6/27/05 2:18pm
Msg #48197

Are they questioning when it was signed? Or,, did they have a bunch of typos and want you to correct? What date do they want you do put on resigned docs?

Art

Reply by Mysti_FL on 6/27/05 2:20pm
Msg #48200

Hi Art, thanks for the quick response (they want me to resign in time for fedex!).
Well, they now want me to resign just the main docs (no hud or junk docs) with the 25th.
Mysti

Reply by Art_MD on 6/27/05 2:25pm
Msg #48203

It sounds like you are correcting their typos. It's a shame we get in the position that we either correct their mistakes or we suffer monatary losses. Make sure if you notarize anything, do it for today.

Art

If they were questioning date of signing, depending on your overnite service, you could have checked when the package was picked up (if it was picked up fri nite couldn't have been signed on the 25th)

Reply by Mysti_FL on 6/27/05 2:43pm
Msg #48212

Re: I think I'm being used and abused! Time to market! n/m

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 6/27/05 2:51pm
Msg #48218

Re: Dates on docs show 6/24 & 6/25....If you are resigning

today, the 27th, you should indicate docs are signed on the 27th.

Did I miss something? Souldn't docs be dated on date signed (resigning or not???)

Reply by Mysti_FL on 6/27/05 3:48pm
Msg #48230

You are right. But even worse than just signing today's date for today's docs, is the issue that I didn't realize that I was signing the 24th, on June 24th but some of the docs say the 25th and some say the 24th.................got it???

I don't!!!!

Mysti

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 6/27/05 8:45pm
Msg #48323

Okay, I am confused but something similar happened to me last week. I had a signing set for the 21st and it was postponed until the 22nd. I got to the signing and realized that all title docs were dated for the 22nd but the lender docs were still dated for the 21st. I called for confirmation and couldn't reach anyone at the TC or SS. I left messages but no one called me back so I left all docs as is but had the borrower's date the docs for the 22nd and I of course notarized the docs for the 22nd. The TC called me back when I got home and told me to return to the borrowers and have the dates corrected. I set up to meet the borrowers on Saturday (only time they were available and luckily docs didn't need to be back until the 27th) I showed up on Saturday and no one was home, I called the borrower's cell phone and no answer. I waited awhile and called the the TC. I reminded him about the situation and told him the borrower's were a no show. He said to leave it as is because they have the Power of Attorney document and they can change the dates themselves and to just overnight it back to them.

Since this doesn't sound like it was your fault and it was their error are they paying you to return to have the docs signed again? Your situation sounds very confusing, how can they sign today, the 27th as if they are signing for the 25th?

BTW: The borrower's called me later that day to say they were sorry they forgot all about our appointment but they were at the Hospital, his Dad is very sick. I felt bad for all of the terrible things I was thinking about them. : (

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.