Notary Rotary
Deed Missing
Notary Discussion History

Deed Missing
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Cris_AR on 6/18/05 8:59am
Msg #45819

Deed Missing

I have a signing this afternoon, I have an ack basically stating the wife is giving up her dower in prop by ______Deed, deed is not included in package and the SS is not answering, the person for the Lender is not answering, help!

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/18/05 9:22am
Msg #45820

Don't Panic! Sign what you can. Do not worry if the borrowers decide they do not want to sign. Just keep an activity log of all the calls you made (numbers, time call was placed, name of individual you attempted to call, etc.), and be satisfied you did what you could do. Be certain you leave a message for the lender, title company, and SS about the situation, that you will attempt the signing unless otherwise contacted and advised.

Best case scenario is everyone signs what can be signed. Worst case scenario is the signing will not take place at the request of the borrowers; you've left messages with all parties; make verbal contact on Monday; charge the appropriate fees, and a new full fee if they want you to try again.

Just as notaries need totake responsibilities for their errors, so must the lender, title company, and SS.

Reply by Cris_AR on 6/18/05 9:27am
Msg #45822

Thanks Barry, I was not sure whether to cancel or just have them sign the documents that could be signed! I have left messages.

Reply by Jenni on 6/18/05 4:50pm
Msg #45888

I had one like this once. Package went to borrowe, but had not been opened. I advised the LO there was no Deed, he kept telling me there was in the package. I finally he called title and told him, sure enough no deed. I had to make a 2nd trip the next day.

Reply by Cris_AR on 6/18/05 6:42pm
Msg #45911

I went to signing, wife stated she was not to sign a deed, left note on top of ack to explain why it was not fill out and notorized and sent it, I was not able to contact SS or Lender.

Reply by Jenni on 6/18/05 7:17pm
Msg #45920

That is all you can do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.