Notary Rotary
Form: Request for notice of default
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Djsmobilenotary on 6/26/05 9:43pm
Msg #48039

On the bottom of this form it shows it needs to be notarized, however the the reads
In accordance with section 2924b, civil code, request is hereby made that a copy of any notice of default and a copy of any notice of sale under the deed of trust recorded________,in book
____page_____records of ________________county,(or filed for record with recorder's serial number__________county) California, executed by ___________as trustor(or mortgagor) in which __________________, is named as beneficiary(or mortgage and______________ as trustee to be mailed to:
And it is the address
Am I suppose to fill in the blanks, if so where do I get that info. I shouldn't notarize anything w/ blank lines? If anyone knows the answer please help.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/26/05 10:12pm
Msg #48041

The blanks will be filled in when the Deed of Trust is looked up at the Town Clerk's Office (or the equivalent). I cannot give you legal advice, but I would not hesitate to notarize the document as long as the (non-blank) facts were correct, the signer was proiperly identified, etc.

Hope that helps....

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 6/26/05 11:44pm
Msg #48048

I disagree

This section of the doc is probably to be signed by the lender at a later date (after recording)
It is used for the lender on a junior mtg to be advised by the holder of a senior mtg, if the bwr fails to make pmt or otherwise defaults on the senior mtg
It gives the holder of the junior mtg ( the one being signed at this time) to have the opportunity to protect its rights if the bwr goes inot default
This part of the mtg is generally not signed by the bwr and, therefore, you should not notarize it

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 6/27/05 12:11am
Msg #48050

I agree with Bob...

i've never had the borrower sign nor have i ever notarized this form. it is for the lender should the borrower default on the loan.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/27/05 8:32am
Msg #48079

Re: I agree with Bob...

Barb, don't publicly agree with Bob. It makes his cute little Brad Pitt head swell. Smiley

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/27/05 10:08am
Msg #48099

Hmm. I made the assumption ...

... that the borrower's name was printed on the doc below the place the borrower was to sign, otherwise why would the question even be asked?!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.