Fox Signing
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Kathi/AZ on 6/27/05 1:43pm
Msg #48185

Fox Signing

Do you accept $50 for signing from Fox?

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 6/27/05 1:50pm
Msg #48187

Click on the orange search button and look up Fox. If I remember correctly there's alot of negative input on them.

Reply by Kathi/AZ on 6/27/05 1:53pm
Msg #48189

The only thing I found on them, was that someone was contacted for a signing and then told that they were on the blacklist, so never mind.
I was just wondering if anyone was working for them, since there are so many saying "NO to $50" signings.

Reply by Kim_NJ on 6/27/05 1:53pm
Msg #48188

I don't accept $50 signings from anybody.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 6/27/05 1:58pm
Msg #48191

My time alone is more valuable than that. Unless it's an overnighted HELOC within 5 miles of my house from a signing service with a GOOD reputation.

Reply by Ted_MI on 6/27/05 2:02pm
Msg #48193

Kathi,

I think you need to ask yourself the following three questions (in the order set forth):

!. Does Fox pay?

2. Is it a HELOC or a refinance?

3. How far away is it?

There are a lot of HELOCs that don't take more than half an hour. So if it is a HELOC and not too far away (a determination only you can make) and the company pays, why not go for it? This is particularly true if you need the experience and/or the money.

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/27/05 2:48pm
Msg #48217

I do not accept $50.00 signings from anyone. In fact, I just turned down a $75.00 signing.

Reply by Markita-MI on 6/27/05 3:03pm
Msg #48222

I agree with the other SAs here. Before saying no, you have to ask your self at least three questions that only you can answer. I believe that Ted gave them above. Once you have answered the three questions, then you decide whether or not it is worth your time, gas, toner, and paper to make the trek to do the signing. One of the Sas already said it, unless you need the experience or cash---it's a heloc/refinance not far from you---$50 is just not worth it.

I have worked for Fox signing very recently. My only complaint was my cancellation fee was cut because I did not get what that was in writing. So, in turn Fox paid me what they wanted for a cancellation fee. Other than that, they paid as promised. Word to the wise for future signings, get your cancellation fee in writing(on your order request). Don't ever take anyone's word that you will be paid xxx$ for a cancellation fee. If its in writing, there should not be any dispute about it.

I hope MHO helps you out.

Markita-MI

Reply by Markita-MI on 6/27/05 3:10pm
Msg #48224

I'm on a roll...I forgot to add that most of the signing companies try to get away with paying as little as possible. You have to know your value based upon experience, the value of the service you offer, etc. Sure they all say from the onset of the call...."we pay $" . Based upon the above, you have to counter and let them know your fee is $$ whatever that is. Generally, I advise those quoting low figures that I have x # of years doing this, the NNA base price is $...and from there I have a bit more leverage by which to sell to the Signing Service why I can't accept $50. I'm worth soooo much more and so are you!

Ok, I'm done.

Markita-MI

Reply by Paul/MD on 6/27/05 9:12pm
Msg #48328

Fox Signing - STAY AWAY

They have burned sooooooo many notaries. I have a friend in Florida who did not get paid for a signing and he went directly to their office (within driving distance of his home) regarding payment. They didn't want to discuss his past due payment and then sent a letter to him threatening a lawsuit for "harrassment". Well my friend worked at a finance company where they regularly "chased" payments so he kept after them (just to be a thorn in their side for a friendly reminder).

They paid him -- but....... is it worth the risk

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.