Help
Notary Discussion History

Help
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by George Mendonca on 6/28/05 8:58pm
Msg #48648

Help

Hi,

I am new to this and receive an email from a lender stating I did not complete the ID verification. I reviewed all the forms they sent me and none of them were an ID verification. I am not sure what they mean. Can someone give me some insight??

Thanks

Reply by Mendonca/IN on 6/28/05 9:27pm
Msg #48654

WHY didn't you answer my e-mail I sent to you, George?

Reply by George Mendonca on 6/28/05 9:29pm
Msg #48656

Been meaning to! Just busy with life. I will though, promise!

Reply by Mendonca/IN on 6/28/05 9:33pm
Msg #48657

What STATE are you in?

Reply by Mendonca/IN on 6/28/05 9:38pm
Msg #48658

Re: ANSWER to your question......

It's the doc where YOU write down the info on their driver's license and other i.d. It's IMPORTANT. Just LOOK at the docs and you'll see what needs to be done. Do u still have the docs on your computer? If so, go thru them and FIND it so that you'll know NEXT TIME.

You need a MENTOR. Try to get one. I'm new too and my mentor was VERY helpful and we still keep in touch regularly whenever I need her (and just in friendship).

Plus, I read Victoria Ring's book (see her 50 State Notary website) about becoming an NSA, and it told me EVERYTHING I needed to know......basically. People BASH Victoria UNMERCIFULLY on this forum, but if it were NOT for her, I wouldn't be in this biz.

Reply by Mendonca/IN on 6/28/05 9:44pm
Msg #48660

Re: ALSO........

....I learned a LOT when I took the course to become CERTIFIED thru the NNA. The book now acts as my REFERENCE manual. Also, when you join the NNA you can call or e-mail their HOTLINE for answers to questions as well. You have to PREPARE yourself thoroughly for this job because you are dealing with VERY IMPORTANT docs and LARGE amounts of money that can get delayed and all messed up if YOU make even simple mistakes.....not to mention you can be blackballed, fined, sued, and/or jailed!

Reply by anon on 6/28/05 9:43pm
Msg #48659

George,

Are you talking about the "customer Identification Progrom" CID form?
Read message 33680,

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.