Notary Rotary
House in VA, wife in CA(vac) and no POA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Judith_VA on 6/3/05 11:00pm
Msg #42226

Got a call from a SS tonight, just before I left for an appointment. While confirming appt with husband, he tells me his wife is in CA, on vacation. Long story short:
House and husband in Virginia.
Wife in California.
Husband w/o POA, says the docs will be signed by him tomorrow and then will be overnighted to wife in CA and she signs there.

Call SS and they say a notary in CA will do a separate ack and jurat. Well of course this rings a bell with me and I say that it is my understanding that the date on docs, date of notarizations must be the same. SS says that if the property is in VA, yes, but if it is in CA, then it is ok.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Reply by Stephen_VA on 6/3/05 11:10pm
Msg #42229

Date on docs and notarization do not have to be the same.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/4/05 12:04am
Msg #42237

This is done quite often, no problems. Just make sure the RTC for the husband is dated for when he signs, and the notary in CA will be responsible for making sure the wife has her three business days.

Also make sure on your notary certificates you are notarizing only the husbands signature. If you have to write the signer's name in then write ONLY after the name, if the certificates are preprinted with both names, put a line through the wife's name and initial it.

Reply by Sunny/CA on 6/4/05 12:09am
Msg #42238

Make sure that there are enough copies of the RTC for both borrowers, should have six.
Notary in CA needs one for lender, two for MRS.

Reply by Judith_VA on 6/4/05 6:07am
Msg #42256

Thanks to you all! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.