Notary Rotary
Huds
Notary Discussion History

Huds
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Maria Elena on 6/24/05 9:32pm
Msg #47612

Huds

I have a question- Please Help ! I received a package , and the Hud has the name of the title company that send me the package - I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) that I do not need to sign the Hud and send it for them to sign ??

Please let me know your answer and thanks !

Reply by Roger/OH on 6/24/05 10:03pm
Msg #47622

The borrower(s) will need to sign the HUD.

Reply by Maria Elena on 6/24/05 10:06pm
Msg #47623

The Hud is already signed by theBorrower - I am referring to the place where the Settlement AGent signs !

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/24/05 10:15pm
Msg #47624

The settlement agent signs it!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/24/05 10:19pm
Msg #47626

You are NOT the Settlement Agent ...

Nor are you the Closing Agent, Title Officer, Loan Officer, Broker, Title Closer or Booking Agent. (Well, maybe the you could be the last one. Smiley)

You are a Signing Agent and a Notary Public. Your functions, duty and authority are very limited when you wear either hat.

Some companies call us a Closing Agent in that what we do is a **part** of what the Closing Agent is responsible for. A better term is Signing Agent (thank you Sue Pense) or Remote Closer when your job is thoroughly described.

Hmmmmmm....... Any HR types out there want to tackle actually writing a complete job description for what we do?

Reply by impossible on 6/24/05 10:59pm
Msg #47636

No way Jose :) .....n/m

Reply by Maria Elena on 6/24/05 11:33pm
Msg #47647

Huds

Thanks every one !

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/26/05 1:45am
Msg #47885

Re: PAW??

What is the difference in Remote Closer and Signing Agent?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/26/05 6:16am
Msg #47895

Re: PAW??

Not much. It all depends on what the lender/title company wants to call us. Some refer to us as closers even though we don't really "close" the loan. I typically refer to myself as a "remote closer" when speaking with the borrowers, simply because they seem to have a better understanding of the word "close" when used in conjunction with their loan.

However, I am very up front at the beginning of the process, even before checking ID, what my specific role is in the process, what I can and cannot do, how they must sign (exactly as printed on the docs! Smiley) and what their rights are about having a licensed FL attorney, for this part of the closing. From there, I explain their RTC, if they have one, collect IDs and present the HUD for them to review while copying their ID information. Then start the signing process.

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/25/05 10:46pm
Msg #47854

You are the Signing Agent, not the Settlement Agent. The Signing Agent never signs the HUD!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.