Notary Rotary
I hate FEDEX
Notary Discussion History

I hate FEDEX
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Teasa Mahar on 6/23/05 10:30am
Msg #47104

I hate FEDEX

Docs sent for a signing today by a law firm were not signed off on (no signature required) so fedex didn't leave them. I must have been in shower. They are here everyday and I have a blanket waiver with them to leave all pacs no signature required. Their drivers change every other day, so there is no consistancy. I have had to chase packages down delivered to wrong addresses in the neighborhood, they are always late and Saturday delivery, forget it. I HATE FEDEX.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/23/05 10:36am
Msg #47106

Try DHL for a change, lol

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/23/05 10:38am
Msg #47108

LOL!!!

I like FedEx...never had a problem. I'm afraid of DHL big bad monsters

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/23/05 10:47am
Msg #47111

Re: LOL!!!

I don't choose fedex, my clients do and most of them use it. The customers that use UPS, I never have a problem. Have had the same driver for years. I have told fedex a 1000 times to leave pacs inside side screen door, do they do it, no. I think they are both lazy and stupid.

Reply by Katie/CA on 6/23/05 11:06am
Msg #47119

Re: LOL!!!

I have a note at my door, in a plastic shield, to all courier services to leave the package on the bench beside the door and ring the door bell. I did this when I was down south also and no problems. I get DHL, UPS, FEDEX, Goldenstate, California Overnite, they all just leave the package.

I did have a problem with my fedex driver when I lived down south, in that he would not ring the door bell. Never knew the package was at the door. After 13 phone calls and going to his 3 level supervisor I never had a problem. Of course his supervisor said I wouldn't have ANY more problems, or else.

Reply by PA Notary II on 6/23/05 10:47am
Msg #47110

Re: I hate FEDEX- Suggestion

If you have a local FedEX depot, go there and talk to the dispatcher face to face, Explain your situation and get it resolved once and for all. I have never had a problem with them. I left written instructions 5 years ago advising them that if no one was here to accept a pkg, they were to leave it inside the downstairs stormdoor.....worked like a charm. Also, they need to clear all their deliveries by the end of the day or they consider it a black mark on their record, (talking about the individual drivers here)

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/23/05 10:49am
Msg #47112

Re: I hate FEDEX- Suggestion

I have done all of the above and it works for a while and then slam. The drivers change too often and then I think there is summer help. Thanks for letting me vent.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 6/23/05 10:56am
Msg #47115

What I Do

I have a covered plastic bin on my front porch from Target for about $10
Laminitaed signed letter on top addressed to FEDEX, UPS and DHL
Says that I have realeases on file with their companies
Asks driver to please deposit pkgs in bin
It also states that I release them from liablility for non-signature
Never had a problem.
Especially usefull near XMAS when there are a bunch of temps.
Also a good idea to visit local office that covers your area and introduuce yourself when you drop of realease

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/23/05 11:04am
Msg #47118

Re: What I Do

Very good idea. I'll do it. You are just so together Bob.

Reply by Pete_NY on 6/23/05 12:52pm
Msg #47147

Re: What I Do

Hi Teasa. I never had a problem with FedEX leaving a pkg and ringing my doorbell in Atlanta. Now that I'm up in NY I request that the signing co. use the FedEx address as my mailing address. It's about a 5-minute walk from the apartment. They put a hold at FedEx sticker on the pkg. Then I can pick it up any time. I don't know if you have a FedEx location near to you or not. If so, maybe this could work for you.

Reply by ANON on 6/23/05 12:30pm
Msg #47136

This is probably the most useful information I have received in a long time. Thank you all.

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 6/23/05 4:09pm
Msg #47211

I still hate fedex

I ended up having to pick the pacjkage up at the local HUB after the law firm was told it would be redelivered to me before 2:00 pm. I will chalk it up to experience and take Bob's advice about the bins. I was told even though I have a waiver, the driver was new. Like I care. I still hate fedex.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.