Notary Rotary
I hope one day I will...
Notary Discussion History

I hope one day I will...
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 6/7/05 5:51pm
Msg #43018

I hope one day I will...

Have enough signings in a particular day and call the SS's to cancell one if I get a better pay one.
I got a call from a SS that I never have worked before, agreed on the price and time and when I went to
see the confirmation letter, they sent me that it was cancelled. I figured out that is because I negotiate
a 10.00 dollar more than their base fee. They found somebody cheaper, but I will be hoping for my revenge
some day! LOL.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/7/05 6:00pm
Msg #43020

Revenge is a dish best served cold. (I heard that somewhere) Be patient your time will come... In the meantime stick to your guns. Take names & kick @ss!!

Reply by John Charles Gober on 6/8/05 10:55am
Msg #43165

Revenge is a Genie. Carefull what you wish for.

John

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/7/05 9:39pm
Msg #43041

I hope you never cancel an appointment that you said you could do because you "get a better pay one." If you accept it, DO IT! If you get a good paying signing latter around the same time, try to make it work. If you are good, companies will work around your schedule, you would be surprise. Two of my regulars changed 5 closings last week to this week because I was away at the convention.

I can tell you that accepting and then canceling scheduled appointments WILL NOT earn you a good reputation AND you will back at a 9-5 quicker than you can say revenge!

Are you serious???

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 6/7/05 10:07pm
Msg #43049

Becca get a sense of humor!!!!! n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/7/05 10:15pm
Msg #43051

Re: Becca get a sense of humor!!!!! n/m

Becca was giving honest advice for getting additional and consistent work from SSs. She wasn't trying to be funny or to make the thread a laughing joke. Therefore, she doesn't need a sense of humor, in order to please you, IMO.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/7/05 10:29pm
Msg #43057

Why thank you, Carolyn.........n/m

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 6/7/05 11:18pm
Msg #43063

Calnotary made a joke!!!

Calnotary was speaking tongue in cheek, aka, a joke, about an annoying every day occurrence in this business. Calnotary ended her/his comment with LOL. He/she was not looking for a serious reply but wanted to vent. I found it amusing.

Becca, however, replied as if Calnotary was serious. She implied Calnotary was unethical. "I hope you never cancel an appointment that you said you could do ...". Then Becca yelled at Calnotary "If you accept it, DO IT!" Then she yelled again "...and then canceling scheduled appointments WILL NOT earn you a good reputation AND you will back at a 9-5 quicker than you can say revenge!".

CarolynCO did you read the post from Calnotary or just the post's from Becca and myself? There wasn't a single question in the post. Check for yourself, not a single question mark. It was a joke and a way to vent his/her frustration.

Becca's last sentence was "Are you serious???". Calnotary's last sentence was "LOL.". In case you don't know LOL means lots of laughs. Pass it on to other's who enjoy attacking someone for no reason!

If Becca wanted to give "honest advice for getting additional and consistent work from SSs" she should have started her own post and not yelled at someone making a joke.

When I posted "Becca get a sense of humor!!!!!" I was making a statement. I did not imply she was unethical nor did I yell at her as she did to Calnotary. I stated what I felt she deserved to hear.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/8/05 12:50am
Msg #43085

Re: Calnotary made a joke!!!

Jeanie - Trust me, you don't want to hear what I think YOU (not yelling, meant for emphasis) deserve to hear and you don't know what an attack is until CaliNotary (love ya Cali ;)) or, God forbid, Richard Silver lays you out cold.

I always thought LOL was an acronym for laugh/laughing out loud.

The fact is that this CalNotary posted a BAD idea, joking or not.

High horse? I don't own a horse, I drive a Toyota.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/8/05 8:16am
Msg #43122

Re: Calnotary made a joke!!!

First of all, LOL means Laughing out Loud, and not Lots of Laughs, and yes, I did read the original post and was not immediately defending Becca as you are Calnotary in stating he was joking. Initially reading the post and re-reading it again, I did not and do not read *joke*.

There are any number of reasons SSs cancel appointments -- many times the reason is because of the borrowers, and not because the SS found someone cheaper to take the signing. Don't jump to conclusions and ASSUME that just because a signing is canceled, it is always done so on the end of the SS. We all know what "assumptions make out of you and me."

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/7/05 10:27pm
Msg #43056

Jeanie...

My sense of humor is fine, thank you. Just ask HisHughness.

My tolerance, on the other hand, is low for Notaries that do not take their word or their business seriously; it gives us all a bad name. Just last Friday I received a call from one of my regulars in a state of emergency because a Notary canceled on them less than an hour before the appointment. I was out of town & couldn’t help. I’d have to be near dead to cancel a scheduled appointment like that.

Understand that some that read this board take what they read at face value. Some new comers just might think that CalNotaries suggestion is acceptable.

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 6/7/05 11:40pm
Msg #43064

Becca....

Calnotary was making a joke! He/she did not say they have canceled a signing for a better paying one. He/she was joking around, stating that wouldn't it be nice to cancel signings when a better paying one came along like many SS's do. Quid pro quo! He/she was venting their frustration. If you've never had a SS cancel on you at the last minute because they found someone else to do the job cheaper then good for you. Calnotary was not advocating doing this, just venting on it being done to her/him.

Your reply was condescending and unwarranted.

If you were really concerned for "some new comers just might think that Calnotaries suggestion is acceptable" then all you had to do was state is was a tongue in cheek statement.

That isn't what you did. You yelled at Calnotary and implied he/she was unethical.

If you get off your high horse you just might find your sense of humor.

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 6/7/05 11:40pm
Msg #43065

Becca....

Calnotary was making a joke! He/she did not say they have canceled a signing for a better paying one. He/she was joking around, stating that wouldn't it be nice to cancel signings when a better paying one came along like many SS's do. Quid pro quo! He/she was venting their frustration. If you've never had a SS cancel on you at the last minute because they found someone else to do the job cheaper then good for you. Calnotary was not advocating doing this, just venting on it being done to her/him.

Your reply was condescending and unwarranted.

If you were really concerned for "some new comers just might think that Calnotaries suggestion is acceptable" then all you had to do was state is was a tongue in cheek statement.

That isn't what you did. You yelled at Calnotary and implied he/she was unethical.

If you get off your high horse you just might find your sense of humor.

Reply by Calnotary on 6/8/05 8:57am
Msg #43125

Re: Becca....

Of course I was joking! What I ment was that I wish I could have the guts to do what the SS does in order to
save a few pennies. Sometimes the scheduler tell me, hey if you dont take my price I can go to your
next door neighbor, he is also a SA. I dont have your experience Becca, but you havent had a cancellation that you felt it went to your neighbor because you quoted a fair price and somebody undercut you?

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/8/05 9:25am
Msg #43131

Re: Calnotary

Cal writes *I dont have your experience Becca, but you havent had a cancellation that you felt it went to your neighbor because you quoted a fair price and somebody undercut you?*

You don't know that Becca *hasn't* had such a cancellation.

**Sometimes the scheduler tells me, hey if you don't take my price I can go to your next door neighbor**

Personally, I've never had a scheduler say such a thing to me. If you have actually been told such a thing, it's a scare tactic, and you fold if you accept a lower rate than your originally quoted *fair* price. If you honestly believe you are quoting a fair price, DON'T accept a lower rate -- if the scheduler says they can't meet your price (and you will find some that will), it's not the end of the world and not worth lowering your own standards or dwelling on it.

BTW, as I previously said, a signing that is canceled after you accept it, does not necessarily mean the SS found someone that would do it cheaper than you.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/8/05 9:31am
Msg #43132

Whether or not it's a joke, it's important to note that ethical considerations should ban NSAs from this practice.

Yes...I get undercut and cancelled...but not very often. I have found that a company is willling to pay $250 to a rural town's title company before they will pay me $175 for the same thing.

Only so much is within my control...and, I don't dwell on it when it is not except to figure out how to make it work to may advantage.

Yes...revenge of this type would be sweet. However, it just cannot be done. Boo hoo.

Reply by jojo_MN on 6/8/05 10:36am
Msg #43156

I can understand where Calnotary is coming from. I HAVE had ss tell me they will find someone else because they don't want to pay my fees. I sometimes call them back in a few minutes and tell them I reconsidered, but they have already given it to someone else. There is someone in my area that is undercutting me so I understand where he's coming from. Too bad all sa's don't stick together and have one base fee. There is no excuse for a ss to get paid $150 and only pay us $50 when they don't even see the docs. I had a ss tell me that they were only getting paid $60 for the signing. I was nice and took the $50 and the ss accidently sent me the invoice for $135. I now will not go less than my minimum and other notaries shouldn't either. IMHO

Reply by jojo_MN on 6/8/05 10:40am
Msg #43157

PS..I would never cancel a loan if something better ...

...comes along. I would; however, see if the borrower could reschedule later in the day. If not, I keep the original one.

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/8/05 10:45am
Msg #43162

Re: fees

I've been having a decent month for it being so early in the month. The first week of June I turned down three signings because of the low fees for the job, e-docs, faxes, distance and so on.
There will always be somebody willing or desperate enough to accept the signing after the SS tells me they "need to get that approved." I will wait until they call me back after they realize that I have completed every signing correctly and they can depend on that. I already have four companies, two of them title, that have told me that they will always call me first and they have no problem being fair and prompt in payment. I could sign for them all day any day.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.