Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I'm tired of low-rent signing services....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca/FL on 6/14/05 10:48am
Msg #44523

wanting you to do their job! I occasionally accept closings from a national SS that is known for its low pay and slow payment. I have always been paid by them and they will, on occasion, pay a higher then normal fee.

I accepted a signing from them (name intentionally witheld) for a signing last friday. I called to confirm appt. only to find out that the husband (named on the loan) was dead and Mrs. told LO she would NOT be avail. for closing on friday. I called SS back to let them know. SS asked me to call brw and re-sched., I did for today, tuesday 11am. SS said docs would be overnighted. By 10:30 am today, no docs. I called brw and let her know I would not be there @ 11am and would call when docs arrived. 10:58am I get a message from Title telling me docs would be emailed, but they do not know when and I need to let brw know. I called Title back & let them know I was expecting docs via overnight & would have to call SS to get my edoc fee approved. Title says call bwr & see if she can do tomorrow & maybe we can overnight docs to you.

I call SS and let them know I am now getting further instruction from Title to coordinate the closing. SS says she will send over corrected CO w/ my edoc fee & to please call everyone to schedule the closing. Huh? I wonder, to myself, what exactly is this SS doing to earn their $110 cut of the fee? Isn't it their job to coordinate the closing between the lender, title, borrower & notary?

As I read into the SSs instruction more carefully, I discover that they now want you to fax back all notarized docs, TIL, HUD, etc. So, I say to the nice young lady at the SS, I tell you what, why don't you get the signing cooridinated and call me back. If I am available, I'll do it, if not, you can find someone else. I was un-assigned from the closing.

I do not mind going above and beyond for certain SSs I work for. I do mind going above and beyond for the SSs that sit on your payment for 45-65 days and don't do their job.

Just venting. Thanks for listening.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.