Notary Rotary
I now know why some people have money and others do not
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Nancy in Florida on 6/4/05 8:43pm
Msg #42404

I did two signings, one last night and one this morning. At these two signing both borrower's lived on the water, one on the Gulf of Mexico in a high rise condo and the other in a small older home right on a beautiful river that feeds into the Gulf. I am glad that at these two signings I had this marvelous view of these bodies of water as both sets of borrowers who obviously owned homes that were both collectively worth well over 1 million dollars sat there and read each and every documents and questioned every detail both large and small. Yet at other signings where the borrowers live in average homes with a view of a patch of grass and if their lucky an in ground pool but yet they sign without questions and many do not read the docs or care what it is they are actually signing.

Anyone else feel this way?

Reply by HisHughness on 6/4/05 8:55pm
Msg #42406

God bless those average Joes who sign and don't read.

Reply by ssnotary_ca on 6/4/05 9:07pm
Msg #42408

Nancy there many be many reasons one is wealthy.......

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 6/4/05 9:49pm
Msg #42414

To SSNotary,

Honestly I was just making an observation. I know there are many reasons why someone might be wealthy, It just struck me that the last two I had the borrowers were obviously wealthy and neither were borrowing a fraction of what their homes were worth yet read each and every document and questioned everything. Yet I have had borrowers that obviously didn't have much money at all yet were so trustworthy (almost to a fault) they would sign anything I put in front of them.

I just thought it would be the other way around, that if you have money you aren't as cautious and those that do not have money I thought would be more cautious but that has not proven to be the case, hence I think in many cases those that have money got that way because they are more financially prudent.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/4/05 10:07pm
Msg #42418

I agree Nancy, I have noticed the same thing. And have often thought those that watch what they have carefully seem to acquire more. And it is amazing how many millioner's are penny pincers.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 6/4/05 10:31pm
Msg #42422

I agree with you too Nancy, anybody I've seen that has it...watches it like a hawk, and looks at every detail.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/6/05 7:19am
Msg #42584

One of my NSA friends did a seller's sign for my mother the other day. She wanted to do it for me for free -- I mentored this lady and I am very proud of how good she is and well she's done in our business...however, I could not have paid her enough for this one.

It was seven pages and...um...my mother scrutinized every page.

It was a labor of love by my NSA friend...I really appreciated her help in this one...where my mother is concerned...Abe and George are blinded by the dimmest light when they sneak out out of her purse...the rest of the guys have never been introduced to daylight.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/18/05 5:18pm
Msg #45894

I have had those situations where the borrower wants to read everything including fax cover sheets. Who knows their motivation. Maybe a bad experience; maybe just lots of free time. You tell them about the 3day recission period to no avail. This is delicate because you don't want to make them upset or feel pressured. I try (note I said TRY) to explain that if this is what they need to do, I understand. And that perhaps they should call their loan officer and explain their feelings. And that they need time to look them over. And in that case, I can leave the docs and we can sign at another time. I also let them know that I have another appointment at whatever time. Sometimes, I say sometimes, they settle down and sign the docs. If someone has something else that works, please let me know.

Reply by B on 6/6/05 1:06am
Msg #42573

I never feel this way. To whom are they asking these questions? IS it the notary? Notary beware of practicing law. There are many factors that determine wealth. Mine is simply listening, observing, and interacting. In certain situations, I do not want someone to know what I am thinking. I learn what I believe is useful, and I ignore what I believe has no bearing on me whatsoever.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.