Notary Rotary
In house signings.
Notary Discussion History

In house signings.
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 6/21/05 12:20pm
Msg #46516

In house signings.

I was offered in house signings for a low fee. Does anybody here has done those and how much do you ussually get. But they explained that I was going to be an employee not an independent contr.

Thank you for reading this.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/21/05 12:37pm
Msg #46518

My daughter is an escrow officer and they pay in house signers $75.00 for each signing, most of the time it is 2 or 3 signings scheduled at a time back to back sometimes more.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 6/21/05 1:12pm
Msg #46522

Is this a permanent position??n/m

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/21/05 5:15pm
Msg #46587

Weigh the pros and cons

You need to weigh the pros and cons. The fee may seem low, but if you're not doing eDocs, two or three are scheduled back to back creating instant income, no running to Fed Ex, etc. it may be worth it.

I've signed on with company and receiving $75 per signing to come to their office. They double check the docs and take care of sending them where they need to go afterwards. I do signings for Navy Federal Credit Union as well. Those are only $50, but again, most times the docs are sent to me, no printing for me to do and very small packages. I love them! It's the easiest $50 I've ever made so, I'm doing them.

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/22/05 2:38am
Msg #46719

What did they offer you? As an employee, they can make an hourly wage or salaried wage for you as long as the follow the tax laws regarding SS, Workmans Comp deductions, Unemployment, etc.

The second thing that comes to mind is a job description. When they have no closings occuring, does this mean you are not getting paid, or will they assign to you another responsibility.

The third thing that comes to mind is whether you will be allowed to accept signings from other companies.

I do know of some in-house closers. They are given a schedule of the closings and are paid per closing. The people I know receive $75.00 per closing.

Hope you found this helpful.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/22/05 8:08am
Msg #46741

I quote them a day's entire fee based on what I can earn on a good to really good day.

If you are new, a reasonable to low fee would give you a lot of experience though I don't like for people to work cheap / hurts the others of us. It's probably in your best interest to get the experience...on the other hand, if they expect you to be able to get on it and go you are somewhat new, it might be very stressful.

Good luck anyhow!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.