Notary Rotary
Interspousal Grant Deed
Notary Discussion History

Interspousal Grant Deed
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Donna_CA on 6/3/05 3:11pm
Msg #42128

Interspousal Grant Deed

I did a refi last Friday for a married man who has title in his name only. The signing went fine but I received a call today from SS that an "Interspousal Grant Deed" was omitted from the package for the wife.

I haven't received the e-doc yet but for those who've notarized this before does the husband have to sign anywhere or only the wife? I ask because they no longer live together. TIA

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/3/05 3:52pm
Msg #42133

I did one a week ago on a purchase and only the wife signed.

Reply by Annie?Ca on 6/3/05 7:46pm
Msg #42184

Only the wife will sign, and I hope they don't want you to backdate it, because it has to record before the deed of trust.

Reply by Cheryl_HI on 6/4/05 12:38am
Msg #42243

Isn't it possible to record a document with a later date before a document with an earlier date? I used to get refis with deeds taking the property out of trust and a second deed putting it back into trust. Those two deeds and the mortgage were all dated the same date, but apparently would be recorded in a certain order in order to accomplish what it is they need.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/5/05 11:10am
Msg #42481

**Isn't it possible to record a document with a later date before a document with an earlier date?**

Here, in Texas - yes. I had a similar situation to the one in this thread and in order to learn a little, I asked that question about signing the GWD before the DOT. I was told the date would not matter.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 6/4/05 11:37am
Msg #42305

The wife is signing only, granting her interest in the property to her husband. It doesn't matter, for the sake of recording the documents, the 'dated' date of the grant deeds (not referring here to 'backdating' or RTC dates, or any other SA concerns) just the dates on the documents. The interspousal deed can be dated earlier or later, or somewhere in between, any or all of the rest of the documents to be recorded. "Dated" dates and recording dates and recording order and RTC dates and backdating and forward dating, and illegal dating and internet dating...this is exhausting :(

Reply by Donna_CA on 6/5/05 11:06am
Msg #42480

Re: Interspousal Grant Deed-Thanks Everyone n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.