Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Is it unethical to send back your business card with...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by JPG_CA on 6/22/05 12:18pm
Msg #46827

the loan package?

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/22/05 12:28pm
Msg #46830

I don't consider it unethical.

SSs don't like it because they run the risk of having a TC or lender contact you directly and squeeze them out. I've had SSs request that I not include my business card when returning loan packages and I will honor their request. In some instances the contract with the SS may state not to include any business cards or flyers when returning loan docs.

The instructor I had for my loan signing agent class said that she always includes her business card when returning loan docs. I think its a matter of personal preference and a decision you need to make. Forwarding your business card along with the loan docs could jeopardize your relationship with the SS. It's your call.

Reply by Les/CO on 6/22/05 1:08pm
Msg #46846

I always do! Whether I send the docs to the SS or the lender. I guaranty my work. If a question comes up "they" (whoever does the clean-out) can get in touch with me quickly.

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 6/22/05 1:15pm
Msg #46848

In my case the SS Co only schedules the deal after that my contact is usually with the TC and sometimes the LO. We speak directly and they see my work so I only feel that it is professional to forward my business card in case issues or questions do arrise. I had a situation this morning that they Lender contacted me for the number of the Title Company, can't understand why they didn't have it since it was a refi and Lender selected the TC but I gave it to them. I personally do not think it is a problem unless the SS requests that I do not send one.

Reply by Roger/OH on 6/22/05 2:08pm
Msg #46860

I always inckude one in case any questions arise. If they call me directly later on, then that's their choice.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/22/05 2:15pm
Msg #46862

I have sometimes done so, sometimes not...sometimes a want to be able to let them know they can call me if a problem/question arises, but if I include marketing materials/even business cards/ in a package I did for an SS, I think it's the best thing to write a note to just ask for you through that SS.

Especially when you are new, if you like the SS, and they keep you busy...you are better off not soliciting their clients and letting them be your buffer, IMHO...you'll have a good ally.

Reply by Roger/OH on 6/22/05 2:42pm
Msg #46869

To clarify soliciting...

I agree with Brenda to the extent I would NOT overtly solicit a TC that had found me thru a SS.

I don't, however, think that including a business card (only) with the package construes soliciting, as I want the TC to have contact information should any questions arise. Now, at a later time, should THEY wish to contact ME for direct work, then that's THEIR decision and THEIR solicitation.

Reply by FM-IN on 6/22/05 3:30pm
Msg #46884

So, is the ss WRONG 4 asking.......

..........an NSA not to include her/his biz card in the package to the lenders?

Reply by Art_MD on 6/22/05 5:47pm
Msg #46925

Re: So, is the ss WRONG 4 asking....... NO

No. They are not wrong in asking you not to send a business card. If that is stated on your confirmation or agreement with the SS then you are ethically bound not to violate your contract/agreement.

If not so stated, send a card.

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.