Notary Rotary
It's crazy end-of-month time!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Ernest_CT on 6/27/05 4:52pm
Msg #48243

You know, when the signing service says "Oh, well, it won't be after 5 o'clock for a a 6 o'clock appointment".

The worst one (so far) has been a call about 2 PM on Saturday, "Can you go to (~40 miles away) to sign with a truck driver?" Sure, just pay me fee and I'm there. Good; the docs will be ready in an hour. Later: "The signing has been moved (~55 miles away). Can you still do it?" Sure, just give me more money and I'm there. Fine. Conversations with truck driver, getting directions, etc. About 5:50 PM: I called the truck driver to say I still haven't got the docs; he tells me that the lender has cancelled. I call the loan officer. Yup; the underwriters have left the building. Maybe next week. Truck driver and I talk again. He won't be back in CT for quite some time. Almost definitely not in time to sign the docs here. Huh? I've cancelled a family outing, spent three-plus hours by the computer waiting for edocs, and I'm not going to get paid (except maybe half a pittance for printing a dozen pages of junk docs), and there's virtually no chance that I'm going to be called back to do the signing when the loan is underwritten?!

Reply by DellaCA on 6/27/05 5:00pm
Msg #48246

I agree a pitb I love the hustle of EOM but I had 4 on Saturday and all but 1 was canceled or rescheduled after waiting for docs. At least for me I only printed one.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/27/05 6:08pm
Msg #48263

Fortunately, it's just been one that's cancelled on me. The last one today. I am in my jammies and "I ret for bed!" Smiley

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/27/05 5:08pm
Msg #48247

The moral of the story...give them a deadline to have the docs to you or it's no go. I learned that from a similar experience, only one of the borrowers was in county jail, and the other had disabilities & an expired driver's license. After a week of being strung along, the loan finally did not happen.

Reply by Nd_WA on 6/27/05 7:21pm
Msg #48290

Hey Ernest,

Does the truck driver's first name happen to start with a "P" and lastname start with a "K". If so, he's a truck driver from my area this lender been trying to get him to sign but never seem to be able to get docs out in time. I'll post the whole story if the name match with your truck driver.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/27/05 11:42pm
Msg #48378

Nope; not the same truck driver.

Neither initial matches. But I'm still curious, of course.

In the case of J. O. (my truck driver), there is a lady also on some of the documents. Just in case somebody else reading these posts comes across him/them, he was very polite and helpful every time we spoke on the phone, which was at least four times that I recall. It sounds as if the truck driver is also getting the runaround from the loan officer.

One of the interesting things about offering true 24-hour service is meeting people who are passing through CT during the night. So far, they have been very pleasant to talk with and, without exception, have had no ID problems.

Reply by Nd_WA on 6/27/05 11:52pm
Msg #48383

Re: Nope; not the same truck driver.

Would have been fun if it was. The last time (3rd time) this lender tried to get my truck driver to sign he was also 50 miles out of town and on his way to NY. They were willing to put up $300 for me if I could get the docs signed that day. I could have if they didn't make him wait and missed his shipment in Ohio couple weeks before. Anyone from OH know this truck driver?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.